iTakeLs

my computer crashes when i play games

(idk if im in the right forum) when i play games and this all started about a week ago. it would bluescreen and crash after about 30 min or more so i installed malwarebytes to make sure it wasnt a virus or any sorts and  ran it a couple times everything showed up clear, now idk if there is any hidden viruses or if its just a cooling issue which it i have a more than a feeling it is, but i dont have screenshots of it crashing but it would show error messages of windows or it would say like: file cannot be eddited during play which popped up for me when i was playing l4d2 which ive never had that happen before and i dont mess around with console or anything like that when i play games like that when i play games. 

If it's a cooling issue, you should see high temps just before it crashes.
If you don't catch it before the crash, then immediately rebooting and checking the temps should show high temps (if it's a cooling issues)
I suggest using either HWMonitor or SpeedFan (both are free) to check your temps.
Monitor your temps while waiting for our next reply.  Let us know about any high temps (above 60 degrees C)

Please read the Posting Instructions in the pinned topic at the top of the forum and provide the requested reports:  

i checked the temps and my cpu would reach 56c and my gpu would reach 50 to which i belive is fine but for the cpu i dont think it should be that hot and i atached the files lmk if i did it right or if they dont show up

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

I agree with you on the temps - CPU could be a bit cooler, but it's not critical.

Your BIOS/UEFI version (F50) dates from Nov 2019
Check the Gigabyte support website for your motherboard to see if there's a more recent version.
If so, please update to it.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.
Do you use a disk cleaning tool?  If so, please stop using it while we troubleshoot.
MSINFO32 shows no BSOD's, nor does the Event Viewer System logfile

The Event Viewer System logfile does show a number of Event ID 41 Critical errors.
These are caused when Windows shuts down unexpectedly - and Windows doesn't know why it happened.
These happen most often when forcing the computer to shut down by holding the power button down.  They can also happen when the system has a hardware problem that occurs below the level that Windows can recognize.

Let's start with these free hardware diagnostics:
1)  MemTest 86 (Not 86+):  https://www.memtest86.com/
2)  Seagate Seatools for Windows.  Run the long/extended test on ALL drives:  https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/

Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

that is the most recent bios update i could find and im currently doing the memtest one rn, but quick question so i have a ventus 6gb 2060 for my gpu, ryzen 5 2600x for my cpu, b450m de3h not wifi version for my mobo and corsair vengence 16gb 3200mhz ram, evga 600 bronze power supply, so ive brought it down to 3 things my cpu is not strong  enough for my gpu or my power supply is not enough or mobo dosent support the ram but idk

so the question was do u see anything wrong with this setup. like do these parts not work well together or etc.

Just FYI - recently most of the BSOD's I have seen have been from systems with Ryzen CPU's (I'd guess they're about 75% of the one's that I see)

I didn't notice anything in the system setup/construction that stood out to me.  But, I"m not a hardware expert.

There's a PSU test in this free software:  https://www.ocbase.com/
In addition to the PSU test, you might want to run the rest of the tests to see if it can find any problems with the hardware.
Watch it while it runs (in case the system tries to overheat).

Im presuming that this is a hardware issue because there weren't any memory dumps, but there were Event ID 41 shutdowns
If the OCCT program doesn't find any problems, then the next step is to troubleshoot by stripping the system down.
Here's an older link (and some of the links in it are broken), but it should get you started on figuring out the problem:  https://carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

i figured it out!!! it was the ram so i got new ram about a week ago and it was a faster ram and when i looked at my cpu it overclocked itself??? dont know how that works but it would get hotter so i switched it out to the old ram and it stays cool and no crashes so it really is a cooling issue so if i want to run that ram i would need to get a better cooler and it went down to normal clock speed to, i know that should have been the first thing i should have checked but im kinda slow, but yeah thanks for ur help and these cool programs i can use in the future. 

It's great that you figured it out.
What temp did the CPU get to?

when i had the 3200 mhz ram  it would get to like high 60s and in 70, and thats when it would crash now it stays low 50s 40s

The motherboard probably automatically adjusted voltages and clock speeds to accommodate the faster RAM which means along with the XMP timings/clock speed of the RAM itself (3200MHz isn't actually spec for DDR4 so technically the RAM itself is overclocked if running at that speed), it likely bumped up the clock speed of the integrated memory controller (IMC) built into the CPU (a component which used to be built into motherboards until AMD, and later Intel, began integrating it into the CPU itself, resulting in higher speeds/higher bandwidth in the communication between system RAM and the CPU core(s)) and the memory controller is pretty sensitive to heat/voltage on some CPUs.

Faster RAM is nice, especially for Ryzen (Ryzen CPUs respond well to faster RAM), but if the CPU can't keep cool enough to be stable when using it then it obviously isn't worth it.  I don't know what kind of system you have, but if it is a desktop you might look into a better cooling solution to see if you can get the system stable with the faster RAM, though I'd also advise checking to see exactly what the BIOS is changing when using the faster RAM as it may be configuring some voltage and/or clockspeed on the CPU higher than it should be.  If you aren't certain what the voltages/clockspeeds etc. should be then I'd suggest posting on one of the hardware forums or contacting your motherboard vendor's support for assistance.  You definitely don't want voltages to be set higher than necessary as that's a quick way to kill a CPU or significantly reduce its lifespan.