bnz

Adware is not being detected by Adwcleaner or MWB

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help. I've been infected with some adware pop ups on my browser, it keeps aggressively redirecting anything I do to a "Virgin media you have won an Iphone" type deal.

I ran malware bytes nothing came up, I then ran adwcleaner and a couple of things came up which I quarantined and then deleted, however the issue still persists.

Could anyone help me get rid of this please? let me know what I can get for you to help.

Thank you!

It seems to get triggered on certain websites more than others. I'm trying to access hltv.com and it's literally popping up as soon as I click anything there.

Addition.txt FRST.txt Report1.txt

Hello bnz and :welcome:

My screenname is Android8888 and my real name is Rui and will be glad to help you with your computer malware issues. Please feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear to you.

I will analyze the logs you provided and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Please DO NOT RUN ANY additional scans or anti-malware tools on your own while you are being assisted in this topic.

Thank you.

Android8888

(Rui)

56 minutes ago, Android8888 said:

Hello bnz and :welcome:

My screenname is Android8888 and my real name is Rui and will be glad to help you with your computer malware issues. Please feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear to you.

I will analyze the logs you provided and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Please DO NOT RUN ANY additional scans or anti-malware tools on your own while you are being assisted in this topic.

Thank you.

Android8888

(Rui)

Okay thank you!

Hi bnz.

Thank you for your patience.

Please follow the instructions below in the order listed.

Remove this program Driver Booster 4.2 from your computer. You will not need this type of programs to update the drivers. I will let you know how to safely update your drivers when the computer is clean.
We will remove it by using RevoUninstaller.

Please download the free version of Revo Uninstaller Free Portable from here and save the compressed file to your computer's Desktop.

• Double-click the compressed file RevoUninstaller_Portable and extract the files within it (it will be created a folder with the same name);
  • Within that folder, right-click the file RevoUPort and select Run as administrator to open the tool;
  • Click Yes to accept the UAC security warning that may appear;
  • Click OK to accept the License Agreement and Copyright;
  • Select Driver Booster 4.2 from the list and click Uninstall. Follow the instructions to complete the removal process; Note: When complete, if it asks to restart the computer, select No/Later;
  • In 'Search Mode' set it to 'Advanced' and click on the Scan button. The tool will search for leftovers (Registry items, files and folders);
  • Click on Select All and then on Delete and then Yes to delete the selected items;
    Note: You may have to repeat this step to delete all the leftovers (Registry items, files and folders);
  • Click the Finish button and restart the computer to complete the removal process.

Next,

Warning: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the Operating System.

Now follow the instructions below to execute a script fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe executable is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply;

How is the computer running now? Are you still experiencing the popups and redirections?

fixlist.txt

When I try to uninstal driver booster through revo, I get an error saying - "Running the application uninstaller failed, Possible invalid uninstall command"

Also for some reason the pop up have stopped, but this happened before revo. I haven't seen them for the last 6 hours. I didn't do any more scans or anything after my earlier posts

Alright, please wait for further instructions.

22 minutes ago, bnz said:

When I try to uninstal driver booster through revo, I get an error saying - "Running the application uninstaller failed, Possible invalid uninstall command"

No problem. Forget RevoUninstaller. I included Driver Booster in the new fixlist.txt file attached to this post. Please proceed with the instructions below.

Please download the fixlist.txt attached to this post and save it to your Desktop.

Warning: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the Operating System.

Now follow the instructions below to execute a script fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe executable is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply and let me know how is the computer running.

fixlist.txt

Hi Alex,

Yes, please restart the computer now and let me know how is it behaving.

Everything seems to be ok

Good. I'm glad to know that!

Let's try one final check with Microsoft Safety Scanner.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that  can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system.
The download links and the how-to-run-the tool are at the following link at Microsoft.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

I will need to see the scan results.
The log is named MSERT.log and it will be located in %SYSTEMROOT%\debug\msert.log which in most cases is C:\Windows\debug\msert.log.
Please attach that log to your next reply.

@bnz

Do you still need help with your computer?

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you