Jibroni

The price of Malwarebytes Privacy

:hmm:Are they charging an extra $59.99 a year for this VPN on top of what I'm already paying for the anti-virus program itself? If so, then the price needs to be dropped considerably because that would be awfully expensive. A free trial would help as well. 

1 hour ago, Jibroni said:

A free trial would help as well. 

That is in the works supposedly.

59.99 a year which is $5 a month which is on par with other VPN providers.

It is a optional separate program.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

That is in the works supposedly.

59.99 a year which is $5 a month which is on par with other VPN providers.

It is a optional separate program.

:hmm:Well, I'll need a trial version before I commit to it. Quite a few people are already saying its slowing down their internet speeds, which is the exact opposite of what you want a VPN to do. Are they going to offer us the choice to use the new HTTPS version 2? I use it on my phone with a VPN and it is in fact much faster than the regular HTTTPS we use. 

Give them time. It is still young and a new product for Malwarebytes.

21 hours ago, Porthos said:

Give them time. It is still young and a new product for Malwarebytes.

Well still, they aren't helping themselves by not offering a trial version. It should have been there from the jump. :maybe:

2 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

they aren't helping themselves by not offering a trial version.

It is the works from what I understand. Remember there is a 60 day money back policy currently to trial it.

I agree, I have been looking for a trial.  They said they may bundle it on a banner for malwarebytes subscribers.  time will tell.  I wish I could have beta tested it

Thank you for your feedback guys.

We are working on getting a trial available for MBPrivacy.

Please check back the Forum at regular intervals for more news.

Who is the third party that is doing the VPN? We need to know so that we can look at their logging policy, see if they are running diskless servers, and other things. I sure wouldn't use a VPN that won't release that information. If the VPN logs anything, they're not worth having.

I trust Malwarebytes, but I sure won't trust a VPN that I can't look into. The number of servers you say it has is too tiny, they're going to be constantly overloaded and that makes it slow and worthless.

PIA is junk, NordVPN has been screwing up badly for some time now, I'm with ExpressVPN now and it works great. But you see I can look into all of them to see if they can be trusted. This will fail fast and hard for Malwarebytes if people don't know what VPN is actually running it.

Until these things can be done I'm a huge NO for your VPN.

@RamBurner Malwarebytes has chosen a third- party partner it trusts to provide the VPN network. Malwarebytes has designed and built the other components.  When choosing a partner an emphasis was placed on them possessing a philosophy and policy around logging which matched ours. 

The number of available servers has already been increased 33% (all in the US) and we'll continue proactively monitoring performance and adjusting as necessary.

The privacy policy for Malwarebytes Privacy is located here and the following is a quote from the main Malwarebytes Privacy page located here:

Connect confidently

Once you’re connected to the VPN server, Malwarebytes Privacy does not retain or log any data related to web traffic, DNS requests, IP addresses, bandwidth or network connections. Learn more

Thank you for the information. This should be right out in front so it's clear and not in a Privacy Policy statement that many will not click that link and look at it.

Having that information being one of the first things you see is a big selling point.

I'm familiar with WireGuard, I've used it with one VPN, very fast and safe.

Now, this is Malwarebytes privacy policy of no logs, what is the one of the actual provider? They may log or they may not.

13 hours ago, gatortail said:

@RamBurner Malwarebytes has chosen a third- party partner it trusts to provide the VPN network. Malwarebytes has designed and built the other components.  When choosing a partner an emphasis was placed on them possessing a philosophy and policy around logging which matched ours. 

I will simply quote the above from gatortail, a Malwarebytes employee above with added emphasis on the most significant statement.