My internet has suddenly become very slow and i think.

My internet has recently become ver slow, to the point where it is unusable. This "slowness" only affects my pc and no other devices in the house . The issue seems to temporalily go away once i restart my router, but it comes back after a few hours.  I have run a scan with Malwarebytes, Spyhunter, Windows, and no threats were found. I lastly also ran a test with FRST, here are the logs for it. I really have tried ever ything that was offered but nothing seems to help.

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Hi,     :welcome:
My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.
Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me. 
If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible. 

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

I would appreciate  getting some key details from this machine in order to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Do have patience while the report tool runs.  It may take several minutes.  Just let it run & take its time.  You may want to close your other open windows so that there is a clear field of view.
Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-1.6.0.774.exe  to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
Now click the left-hand side pane "I do not have an open support ticket"

You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
    Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !   But look instead at the far-left options list in black.

Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer.  Please do have patience.  It takes several minutes to gather.

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

Please know I help here as a volunteer.  and that I am not on 24 x 7.
Help on this forum is one to one.   Again, please be sure to ONLY attach report files  with your reply (s)  as we go along.  Do not do a copy / paste into main body.
Thank you,
Sincerely.

I just have a question. 

In some of these test i was either disconected from the "faulty" network or connected to a hotspot(In order to download the tools). Does that affect the outcome of the scans or logs? 

Also what i forgot to mention was that my pcs internet worked perfectly when i was connected to my phones hotspot. Does this maybe indicate that it is my routers fault?

Lastly i wanna mention that i am very sorry if i dont answer imediatelly.

Thanks for doing & sending the report.

I am presuming this is all done at your home.  But I do not know / cant know about any network switching, if any, that your machine went thru.

As a general remark, Windows 10 can switch from a direct-wired network connection to using the WI-FI connection.

I would suggest a free scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Go to https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/

Look on the right side of the page.  Click Scan Now

It will start a download of "esetonlinescanner_enu.exe"

Save the file to your system, such as the Downloads folder, or else to the Desktop.
Go to the saved file, and double click it to get it started.

When presented with the initial ESET options, click on "Computer Scan".
Next, when prompted by Windows, allow it to start by clicking Yes
When prompted for scan type, Click on Full scan

Look at & tick  ( select )   the radio selection "Enable ESET to detect and quarantine potentially unwanted applications"   and click on Start scan button.

Have patience.  The entire process may take an hour or more. There is an initial update download.

There is a progress window display.
You should ignore all prompts to get the ESET antivirus software program.   ( e.g.  their standard program).   You do not need to buy or get or install anything else.
When the scan is completed, if something was found, it will show a screen with the number of detected items.  If so, click the button marked “View detected results”.
Click The blue “Save scan log” to save the log.

If something was removed and you know it is a false finding, you may click on the blue ”Restore cleaned files”  ( in blue, at bottom).
Press Continue when all done.  You should click to off the offer for “periodic scanning”.

Thank your for you response.

Yes all of this is done at home.

Furthermore, should i send you the log after the scan will be done tomorrow?(it is very late in my country and i need to go to rest now). Also does it matter to wich network my pc is connected while doing the scan?

Best regards, Bihai

Take your time.   Send the log after it is finished from the ESET scan.

If you can make a direct cable connection from the router to the computer that would be fine.

If not, just keep it as it is.

Cheers.

I may have found the problem. Before i had both 5g and 2.4g wifi on the same ssid, now i have split them up into two different ones. Whenever i connect to the 2.5g Wifi i get the same speeds as my other devices around 40-45M bits, but as soon as i connect to the 5g Wifi i get around 0.1 Mbits. I will keep you up to date if the speed of the 2.4g decreases too.

Best regards Bihai.

The ESET online scanner found no virus / no malware / no  P  U  P

That is good to know.

First i wanna than you for taking your time qith my problems. Secondly i have a question. Is it even possible for a virus and or trojan to only affect the 5ghz band on my router ? This question may sound dumb, but i cant really find any blog or so talking about something like that. I am a bit paranoid so clearing up questions like these is very important to me. 

Lastly i wanna thank you again and ask you if you have any more concerns or suggestions about my situation.

Best regards Mihai,

I am unsure as to what is the source of the problem on this machine.   My own guess is that there is some sort of a "hiccup glitch" on Windows.

I have no basis for thinking that the router is a factor.   but, you can take some measures to reset the router.

First, shutdown Windows on the PC.     

As to the hardware router,  Here is what I suggest.

Unplug the modem from the power.   Wait about one minute .   Then plug the power cord back in to the hardware.

Look around the modem housing for a reset button.   Press that in.

Check with manufacturer support site for more specifics  about your specific model.  The housing should have the manufacturer & Model number on it.

Your manufacturer support site will likely also have some sample images to help you.

You may also see this article on how to reset and check the hardware.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-your-wifi-router-as-secure-as-possible-1827695547

Further to that, I can recommend one specific forum that specializes on  modems / routers / communications hardware,  That is DSLReports.

https://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

You may if you feel like it you can check out a hardware oriented resource  ( other than DSLReports)   

that is https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/138/external-hardware/

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad to have helped you.   I am marking this case for closure.

Backup is your best friend.  Keep backups of your system on a regular basis to offline storage & keep those safe. https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/136226-backup-software/

It is not enough to just have a security program installed. Each pc user needs to practice daily safe computer and internet use.

Best  practices & malware prevention:
Follow best practices when browsing the Internet, especially on opening links coming from untrusted sources.
First rule of internet safety: slow down & think before you "click".
Never click links without first hovering your mouse over the link and seeing if it is going to an odd address ( one that does not fit or is odd looking or has typos).

Free games & free programs are like "candy". We do not accept them from "strangers".

Never open attachments that come with unexpected ( out of the blue ) email no matter how enticing.
Never open attachments from the email itself. Do not double click in the email. Always Save first and then scan with antivirus program.

Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs. It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed.
Take great care in every stage of the process and every offer screen, and make sure you know what it is you're agreeing to before you click "Next".

Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web.
See more info on Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html
Dont remove your current login. Just use the new Standard-user-level one for everyday use while on the internet.

Do a Windows Update.

Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq

Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware.

For other added tips, read "10 easy ways to prevent malware infection"

All the best.

Sincerely,

Maurice

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you