Slow DNS

I too am having the same problems with qBittorrent and MWB.  I didn't realise at first it was MWB causing the problem.  After testing older versions of qBittorrent with similar results, I uninstalled it and installed Deluge.

I thought I had cracked the problem with Deluge, but the problem started with that as well.  At this point I was suspicious of MWB and disabled Web protection, the stuttering/lagging stopped.  I have re-installed qBittorrent but done no testing yet.

I have followed the instructions above to create log files and attached them in case they help.

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Hello @Chris-G

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Thanks

OK, I've done the reinstall of MWB using the support tool as requested.

I set up 10 torrent downloads using qBittorrent, all seemed fine for about 1.5hrs.  7 of the 10 torrents had completed downloading when I started to watch a Youtube video, about 5 minutes in, the video started to break up with garbled sound, and mouse pointer juddery.  Stopped Youtube video and everything still juddery.  Turned off Web Protection, and everything seems back to normal.

I did the 2 restarts, and as it was late set up 1 large torrent to download over night.  In the morning the torrent hadn't completed, though my system still seemed to be working correctly, so I decide to add more torrents to download.  During this process the juddering started really bad, in fact it looked like Windows Explorer was about to crash (Very slow screen updates, mouse pointer responding about 5-10s after moving etc).  I somehow managed to turn off Web Protection and after about another 5-10s my system suddenly jumped back into life.

I have attached the logs after this incident as requested.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hi @Chris-G,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have a defect filed and are attempting to reproduce this behaviour.

When the issue occurs, do you have a VPN or any other network filtering software enabled (besides Malwarebytes)?
Does this issue consistently present itself when Web Protection is enabled?
Does the issue occur when you are not using qBittorrent?

We're in need of additional information to help narrow down the cause of this issue.
Part of this process will involve manually triggering a crash to obtain a memory dump, which will hopefully show what the Web Protection driver is doing to cause this issue. You can read more about this process here.

Once you've reproduced the issue are are actively experiencing it, force a crash by pressing the following keys at the same time: Left Ctrl+Left Alt+U+U.

After the machine has rebooted, you should find a memory dump named MEMORY.dmp in C:\Windows. Please zip this up and provide it to us.
Please rerun the Malwarebytes Support Tool as well and gather logs once more.

Edited by LiquidTension

First your questions:

I am not using a VPN or any other network filtering software.

With Web protection enabled the problem consistently presents itself.

The issue doesn't occur if I am not using qBittorrent (or Deluge).

I followed your instructions and reproduced the problem.  Triggering the BSOD via keyboard went OK, however there is no MEMORY.dmp file in c:\windows.  I have included your dump file.

mbst-grab-results.zip

For some reason, even though Automatic memory dump was selected under System failure a mini dump was being created.  MEMORY.dmp files are now being created.

I have recreated the problem and now have both MEMORY.dmp and your log files available.  I have attached your log file, however the memory.dmp file after zipping is 2.44GB and can't be uploaded because of it's size.

How can I upload this file to you?

mbst-grab-results.zip