@ViperMaul

Looking at the support-tool-report you provided.   It shows that this pc's  MB  has the Component 1.0.967

I would highly urge that you get the latest update to Component 1.0.972

Start MB >> click settings >> look on General tab >>  click Check for Updates

Have patience.   Be sure it gets updated.

If you are truly not able to Start Malwarebytes,  let us know that explicitly.   If true, this needs a clean / re-install procedure.

Further suggestion:  The scheduled scan task has the default 2 AM  as the scan start.   You could just delete the scheduled scan  & do manual scans   ( as Porthos does & as I do as well.

Otherwise, if you keep the scheduled scan, change it to a much more reasonable time later in the day.

Continued patience is key.

Just as a note, the latest release has important fixes  ( such as a memory leak fix ) and so I tend to always recommend sticking with latest release.

One more point:  IF any of this here is about the use of PING  ...... there continues to be IPV4 ping fail-timeouts.   That ping issue continues.  If that is your major issue, turn off the Web protection in MB.

Sincerely,

5 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I would highly urge that you get the latest update to Component 1.0.972

So to be clear, you want me to reboot right now, losing the hard to reproduce state,  in order to can access to MB GUI so that I can update to the latest Component version?
And then wait days, weeks, months to see if this issue will be gone?
Do you feel there is no one that wants additional information on this hard to solve problem that keeps re-surfacing on select subscribers computers for almost a year now?

10 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

One more point:  IF any of this here is about the use of PING  ...... there continues to be IPV4 ping fail-timeouts.   That ping issue continues.  If that is your major issue, turn off the Web protection in MB.

I have not used the word PING in any of my posts on this thread. No, this is not about any ping issues

Glad to know that ping is not a factor here.

It is all up to you as to what to do now.   Help is offered here by a sincere volunteer.  If you do not want my help,  I can apply my time to other pursuits.

I honestly believe this pc needs a clean reinstall of Malwarebytes.

Maurice, 

Thank you for your reply. It is not my intention to offend. Your help in the past has got me a full 30+ days of no issues. I thank you for that. 

Since it is back, I just want to make sure you guys felt you received all the information you wanted from my machine in its current state. 

I will reboot now and update again as recommended. 

OK.   A reboot is always a good idea.   Keep me advised after the Update run.   Continued patience is truly, really needed to make any progress.

After reboot, I observed the issue inactive again. Will have to wait until the next trigger event to see if the issue is truly gone.

I now am able to launch MB again and I have updated to the latest Component version 1.0.972. No reboot seem required. 

I am currently running the latest MB support tool and will provide results if requested. 

What next?

I am glad to know that this pc has the Component 1.0.972

That is a plus /  a favorable thing.

I do have a concern that this Malwarebytes installation does need some additional attention.

You do have the Support tool, so that can be used.    No need for a re-download of the tool.

I suggest that you do a "Repair" operation.  Use this help article  https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038522234-Repair-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-with-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool

You can skip the download in step # 1.

Keep me advised.

Sincerely.

RE: "Repair"
When I get to step 9, I work from home. It is both my personal and work computer. In this case what is the best selection?

At step 9,  you pick Personal computer

Very very good.   Now, one new favor.   I need a fresh report-readout from the support tool.  I just need you to do the Advanced >>> Gather Logs  and then upload the ZIP file.

Double-click mb-support-1.6.2.802.exe  to run the report

Once it starts, you will see a first screen with 2 buttons.  Click the one on the left marked "I don't have an open support ticket".

You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
Now click the left-hand side pane "I do not have an open support ticket"

You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
    Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !   But look instead at the far-left options list in black.

Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer.  Please do have patience.  It takes several minutes to gather.

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK.  Then Exit the tool.

Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

8 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I need a fresh report-readout from the support tool.  I just need you to do the Advanced >>> Gather Logs  and then upload the ZIP file.

Here you go. Thank you for your continued guidance. 

mbst-grab-results.zip

Great report.  A key driver has been repaired.   And Malwarebytes for Windows is at the very latest release.   Bravo.

I just have one other suggestion for your consideration.

The scheduled Scan task for Malwarebytes is set for 2:12 AM

My suggestion to everyone is:  to set it for a more reasonable hour when Windows is sure to be up and running.   Pick a later time of day.

Like maybe the lunch hour.

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click the Scanner card, then click the Scan Scheduler tab.

To edit an existing scan, hover your cursor over the scheduled scan and click the pencil icon.

DOC-3540-2.png

I suggest that just to avoid the situation whereby the Scheduled scan task might be triggered right near the time when Windows is started up.

and by the way,  it is a good practice to be doing a fresh startup of Windows each day.

One other consideration is to just Delete the Scheduled scan altogether.  And then just do your own manual Scan   ( as I do  and as my colleague Porthos does).

You have done well.  I do believe your machine will do better from here on out.   Let me know if you need other help.

Sincerely.

One other additional matter.

There is one setting in Malwarebytes that needs to be off.   So that the Microsoft Windows Defender is all enabled.   All the Premium  protections of Malwarebytes will still be on.

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center 

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to 

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".

We want that to be Off   ( all the way to the left).

Close Malwarebytes when done.

3 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I just have one other suggestion for your consideration.

The scheduled Scan task for Malwarebytes is set for 2:12 AM

My suggestion to everyone is:  to set it for a more reasonable hour when Windows is sure to be up and running.   Pick a later time of day.

I agree. My dad's computer has the same issue as he likes to shut his pc down. My pc never shuts down. But I changed the time as you suggested anyway. Thank you for the suggestion. 

9 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

One other consideration is to just Delete the Scheduled scan altogether.  And then just do your own manual Scan   ( as I do  and as my colleague Porthos does).

For me personally I like having the daily scans to keep my pc clean. Is there a rational for deleting this altogether for you and Porthos?

4 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to 

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".

We want that to be Off   ( all the way to the left).

Done. It is now off. 

So I understand what advantages did I just gain by doing that? I know you said because I have another AV tool running at the same time. What bad can happen if I leave it on? 

It's just on the off chance that the scheduled scan would cause a over-busy system condition.

I would caution you to at least RESTART Windows every few days.   Windows is Windows  and the odds are that over time, when you just keep it on forever, the electronic bits will eventually bite you back.

That last adjustment in the Security Center setting is  done so that the Microsoft Windows defender is "enabled" as the resident antivirus.

Your system will do better that way.   Malwarebytes for Windows will still be protecting your machine.  

2 minutes ago, ViperMaul said:

For me personally I like having the daily scans to keep my pc clean. Is there a rational for deleting this altogether for you and Porthos?

As for me personally, I feel the active protection of Malwarebytes and windows Defender and using a browser that supports adding Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Ublock Origin keeps my computer safe.

I also have years of experience knowing attack vectors so I know what I should not do with the computer.

13 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

I would caution you to at least RESTART Windows every few days.   Windows is Windows  and the odds are that over time, when you just keep it on forever, the electronic bits will eventually bite you back.

Okay I will endeavor to reboot each weekend. Thank you for allowing me to benefit from your experience. 

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As for me personally, I feel the active protection of Malwarebytes and windows Defender and using a browser that supports adding Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Ublock Origin keeps my computer safe.

Thank you Porthos!

You are very welcome.   Let us know if you need anything that we can help with.

Again, I am truly happy that you have the latest MB4 version.