System operating slow

Not sure if I should make a new thread or not, if so, please do let me know.

Replying to this because I am having the exact same issue. I just bought a subscription the other night, activated the software, all of the real-time protections turned on and then after about 10 minutes or so my entire PC started to become inoperably slow. I tried opening the logs but it took 3-5 minutes of it doing nothing then MMC errored out unable to load snapins, task manager would not load any items on any tabs but the initial one, I could not sort, etc, etc, and my System Interrupts were using an abnormally high amount of CPU but nothing else I could see.

I restarted and it was the same deal starting from before I could even log in, so as the OP of this thread did, I started to try and disable the protections, which took somewhere between 5-10 minutes, but as soon as I did, everything went back to normal.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X (32) @ 3.493GHz
Memory: 25694MiB / 65483MiB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Host: Gigabyte Technology Co., LtdX570 AORUS ELITE
Kernel: 10.0.19041
Uptime: 1 day, 1 hour, 59 mins
Packages: 18 (scoop)
Shell: bash 4.4.23
Resolution: 2560x1080
DE: Aero
WM: Explorer
WM Theme: Roamed

Thanks,
-MH

mbst-grab-results.zip

26 minutes ago, MostHated said:

Not sure if I should make a new thread or not, if so, please do let me know.

No worry's I will have your topic moved into its own. It "shouldn't" make a difference but you are using the unreleased 2004 Windows. I use it as well.

I am surprised it did not go back to normal after your restart. Most reports state it works fine after restart and then goes downhill the next day or after a scan.

I will let the staff look at you logs and offer input.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

No worry's I will have your topic moved into its own. It "shouldn't" make a difference but you are using the unreleased 2004 Windows. I use it as well.

I am surprised it did not go back to normal after your restart. Most reports state it works fine after restart and then goes downhill the next day or after a scan.

I will let the staff look at you logs and offer input.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully it is something simple. I definitely had hoped a restart would fix it, but unfortunately that was not the case. I could not find anything in the logs afterward either. Then again, I suppose that whatever was wrong may not have actually been considered an error.

Side note, I tried to fix my text above, but could not locate an edit button. Is that not possible? I had copied and pasted it from Neofetch to VSCode to remove some unnecessary stuff, and when I pasted into this input box there was no indication of a formatting issue, but as soon as I submitted, it came out as you see.

Thanks,

-MH

1 hour ago, Winter said:

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue too...but I also am a bit thankful because if this were limited to ONLY the Surface Pro 4, it'd be a lot harder to replicate. You have an AMD processor, I have an Intel, so that also helps narrow the focus I think.

Yeah, I felt the same when I saw yours was Intel because there have been issues in the past I have ran into where I could not run Virtualbox while WSL2/Hyper-V and virtualization protections were turned on with AMD processors. I wanted to make sure sure that it wasn't something like that.

I only got my license for Malwarebytes Two days ago and this issue began 5-10 minutes after entering my license key and having the protections enabled. After finally disabling them I responded to this ticket, which was Saturday. So the PC was ok Sunday, but is having issue today. So, there really is no normal yet. I guess the true answer to the question is I have never been able to run my PC with the protections on other than the Malware one.

3 minutes ago, MostHated said:

I only got my license for Malwarebytes Two days ago and this issue began 5-10 minutes after entering my license key and having the protections enabled.

So I can assume you did not run the trial before you purchased you license?