Deleting temp, temporary internet files in Malwarebytes.

• Root Admin

This has been discussed before and of the possible thousands of temp files involved on some systems, most and sometimes none of them are actually Malware. There are already a few good tools out there dedicated to doing that so probably not something we'll be adding unless something changes on the scene to indicate we really needed it.

Thank you for your suggesting though.

Hi -

Most of us use C Cleaner every day for some temp files (only takes a few seconds) - Also use the Delete Browsing History from Tools drop down -

Always keep what you want in Favorites/I.E or Bookmarks in F/Fox and clean up that way - :)

I also use the Windows Disc Cleanup (system tools) every few days to help remove the unwanted ones - :)

@ mkruzel

That is a good suggestion, but like others have said, there are several other easy-to-use tools that will get the job done well.

Have you used ATF Cleaner or CC cleaner? I use ATF cleaner almost every time I use my computer, usually right before I am done with it for the day (and usually before any MBAM scan too). It's a great little tool, and a very small size to download and keep on your computer :) I have not tried CC cleaner yet, but I definitely plan to.

ATF cleaner may be downloaded Here

Information about it:

http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25

• Staff

TFC by Old Timer is nice too:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe

Save it to your desktop.

Print these instructions. Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs... including your browser!

Double click on TFC.exe to run it.

TFC will begin cleaning up the "temp" files... it may take only a few seconds or it could be several minutes, depending on the amount of temp files found.

If prompted to reboot... click Yes.

• Staff
@TeMerc

Thanks for the link to this tool :P

You're welcome and below what it does:
TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

TFC by Old Timer is nice too:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe

Save it to your desktop.

Print these instructions. Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs... including your browser!

Double click on TFC.exe to run it.

TFC will begin cleaning up the "temp" files... it may take only a few seconds or it could be several minutes, depending on the amount of temp files found.

If prompted to reboot... click Yes.

One reason I like coming here just to read the posts. You never know what neat little tools you'll find from the good guys on this forum. I'm going to give this a go tonight and if I like it it's going into the toolbox USB drive. Thanks guys.