Malware.generic false positive?

owowo

Hello

yesterday night I was doing a routine scan on a newly installed Windows 10 machine when Malwarebytes reported a Generic.Malware in my Recycle Bin (I will attach the log) and quarantined a item.

Now, in the recycle bin there were only a few installer (precisely 7zip, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes itself and Brave Browser, every one of them downloaded from the official site and scanned with Virustotal. I would love to attach the .exe file for further analysis if needed but apparently I am unable to, I will link the Virustotal scans if necessary) and windows shortcut (of said programs). 

Now, I tried to read the log file but unfortunately I was unable to see which one of the installer Malwarebytes saw as malicious and unfortunately, before the end of the system scan, I also connected a external hdd to the machine for backups.

My question is: is it possible that Malwarebytes saw one of the installer as a false positive? (I also tried to do a full system scan with BitDefender and it revealed 0 malicious files). Should I do a full system format (including the external hdd) just to be sure?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will respond (and sorry for my horrible English)

Malware log 25-04-2020.txt

• Staff

Hi,

We indeed had a False Positive on Brave Browser installer yesterday, which has been fixed already. Also see here: 

This was detected by our new machinelearning engine, so as with any machinelearning engines (for better protection), minor false positives happen as well, unfortunately.

Thanks for reporting!