Can’t boot into Windows after restarting computer

Hi

So I have both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes and today kaspersky asked me to restart to complete an update. So I did and when it finished restarting it gave me an error saying my PC needs to be repaired and that the operating system couldn’t be loaded because a critical system mdriver is missin  or contains errors. The file in question was Windows\system32\DRIVERS\MbamElam.sys and the error code was 0xc000007b. I don’t know what to do please help I have a lot of important info on this computer and I can’t go out to repair it because of the whole pandemic 😭😭😭

A2F5C748-79BA-46DE-99F0-7B845484D8ED.jpeg

Probably the most important thing to do now is to backup your data. 

Are you able to download and create bootable media, and do you have storage media sufficient to hold all of your backed up data?  That'll be necessary to get into your hard drive and to backup your data.

You may also want to post in the Malwarebytes Support forum (at this link:  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/  ) to get assistance with the problems with the Malwarebytes driver (Windows\system32\DRIVERS\MbamElam.sys).

1 minute ago, usasma said:

Probably the most important thing to do now is to backup your data. 

Are you able to download and create bootable media, and do you have storage media sufficient to hold all of your backed up data?  That'll be necessary to get into your hard drive and to backup your data.

You may also want to post in the Malwarebytes Support forum (at this link:  https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/  ) to get assistance with the problems with the Malwarebytes driver (Windows\system32\DRIVERS\MbamElam.sys).

I already have a backup of my data from a few weeks ago. And okay, I’ll do that.

If you're data is backed up - what is the important stuff on your computer?
My point here is that it may just be easier to RESET the computer and start over fresh (importing the data after the system has been RESET)

1 hour ago, usasma said:

If you're data is backed up - what is the important stuff on your computer?
My point here is that it may just be easier to RESET the computer and start over fresh (importing the data after the system has been RESET)

Hi, I can log into my OS now. The people on the other topic I posted helped me. Thank you though.

Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad to hear that they were able to help you out!
Good luck!