Malwarebytes User Interface is TERRIBLE!

alanintendo

Go to solution Solved by AlexSmith,

Why does Malwarebytes have such an awful redirect when using Chrome? I have no idea how to fix this issue.

I tried to access the Canadian government website and Malwarebytes reports this as Phishing. Come on this is sad. Please fix this. My subscription is up for renewal in a few months. If I can't even use a basic government website, I don't see a reason to renew my subscription with you guys.

Attached is the warning and the government website is below. Click on. :REQUEST A LIAISON OFFICER SERVICE and watch Malwarebytes deny all access.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/programs/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/compliance/liaison-officer-initiative-loi.html

screenshot.32.jpg

It is probably a false positive and I will have your post moved to the correct section to get fixed.

9 minutes ago, alanintendo said:

And clicking on "I WANT TO CONTINUE ANYWAY" pops up this message which I have 0 idea on how to use. 

Right click on the MB system tray icon to exclude the site.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, alanintendo said:

Also  do you know how to disable auto-renewal? or is the only option just to delete the account?

Since you now know how to exclude a site and there are false positives from time to time with all security software and you are determined to quit Malwarebytes at the end of your term, You will need to contact support.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360002090753

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email  ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase).

Please have patience.   Support stays busy.    And it will take 3 to 7 business days for them to handle the ticket.

They go by order of creation of the original ticket.

• Administrators
  • Solution

@alanintendo thanks for sharing this false positive. Our web protection team has removed the block and it should start working in a little bit/soon.

As far as auto-renewal goes, we have a support document on how to cancel here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044589954-Cancel-my-Malwarebytes-auto-renewal

You screenshot seems to show the Cancel Auto-Renewal option as missing, so please create a Support ticket like @Porthos called out.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Since you now know how to exclude a site and there are false positives from time to time with all security software and you are determined to quit Malwarebytes at the end of your term, You will need to contact support.

Please go to this link   https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360002090753

Provide the detail and submit the ticket.

Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email  ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase).

Please have patience.   Support stays busy.    And it will take 3 to 7 business days for them to handle the ticket.

They go by order of creation of the original ticket.

Thanks for the help.

I did a bit of Googling and it seems to be a common problem. Seems kind of "strange" that malwarebytes allows its customers to add a different payment method, but cannot delete said payment method.

Anyways for those that get stuck like me. Here is a thread with solution.. it can be painful if you have already deleted your original confirmation email from MB

I know the moderators of this forum are not to blame. So I'm not throwing any blame your way.

But whoever in upper management decided this; they sure are scummy. Even with auto-renewal disabled. You. Can. Not. Delete. Your. Payment. Information

It's on the Malwarebytes database for life. (Yes it was probably there regardless of this tool working or not)

screenshot.38.jpg

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, alanintendo said:

I know the moderators of this forum are not to blame. So I'm not throwing any blame your way.

But whoever in upper management decided this; they sure are scummy. Even with auto-renewal disabled. You. Can. Not. Delete. Your. Payment. Information

It's on the Malwarebytes database for life. (Yes it was probably there regardless of this tool working or not)

screenshot.38.jpg

@alanintendo I see your point here. Please submit a Support ticket on this issue so the proper teams can dive in to this deeper as called out in the following Support article: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038523614-Support-for-Malwarebytes-subscriptions-and-payments