Gimp altertered Image causes MachineLearning/Anomalous

alive2k

I am developer and cannot proceed with ANY project that has a graphic (jpeg) edited using GIMP (Graphics editor). Malwarebytes traps the program and refuses to let me proceed. It is severely hampering my development efforts!!! I have used multiple versions of GIMP. Unaltered (full scale) graphics are not an issue but scaling down any graphic using GIMP results in a hard fast stop & block by Malwarebytyes in any Visual Studio 2019 compiled project. No errors detected by Norton Security, no errors turn up on program scanned by Malwarebytes, it just refuses to allow execution.

Need resolution ASAP.

File an exe -or- if I try to execute/debug the program within the Visual Studio 2019 environment, Malwarebytes blocks and quarantines during execution. File as a graphic alone (png or jpg) scans without any issues. It is only when I use the file as a resource within Visual Studio (using picturebox control) that everything is blocked.

• Staff

For developers we recommend excluding your working directory when building projects. Files that just have a resource are technically anomalous files to our engine as they are not code complete. The files you are building are fine.

Please see the last two paragraphs here:

Edited by shadowwar

Thanks very much for confirming. I was going to assume that was the case but anytime I see a warning from Malwarebytes I take it seriously. I needed the confirmation to raise my comfort level. It's always in the back of my mind that any program I've downloaded to do some work (in this case GIMP) could have been compromised.