SME - Premium for Home VS Endpoint Protection

I think we all know many SME's would perceive Premium for Home version (3 licenses) as better value-for-money than Endpoint Protection (2 licenses more expensive).   I'm trying to find a reference source that gives me some info to argue for the business version, especially regarding:

• the comparison of features
  • the cost-benefit analysis

As most online reviews are comparing 'apples with apples' I haven't been able to pinpoint anything that actually compares these two.  I'm sure someone else has asked this question - so anyone know a link?  Cheers.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

The major difference between the two products boils down to manageability.  Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection includes access to a cloud dashboard which may be used by your ITs/administrators to monitor and remotely control via remote commands and policies for settings and schedules and the like for all of your endpoints.  Malwarebytes Premium has no such feature, so if remote monitoring and management are major requirements for your organization then Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection would be the appropriate solution, however if those are things that you do not need, then perhaps Malwarebytes Premium would better suit your needs.  There are also other options which you may compare by reviewing the information about each one on this page and if you click the link for each product on that page you can learn more about it including additional details on the features it includes as well as check the pricing here.

If that does not sufficiently answer your questions then I would advise getting in touch with one of Malwarebytes' Sales agents and they can walk you through the details of each of Malwarebytes' offerings, what it would cost for your organization based on your environment and needs, and find the best solution to fit both your technical requirements and budget among Malwarebytes' offerings.  You can contact Sales via the options found on this page and I'm sure they'd even be willing to set up some kind of trial and/or demo for your organization to try out the solution(s) you are interested in.

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks

OK - so from what you are saying the security features are pretty comparable however it is the 'global' management feature that is the real point of difference - which makes perfect sense.

FYI  I've actually just signed up as a partner and my target market is going to be the really little guys - often mum & dad businesses with no more than 3 computers.  At this micro size of business the cents do count (sometimes perception as much as reality) and to be honest I actually never even expected a Malwarebytes business solution to be commercially viable for this market!

I've always found PC management a quandry at this size - is it worth configuring 'global' environmental settings or do you simply customise each box to suit?  I guess that will be the question here, looks like I'll have to do a bit more research into how the Endpoint Protection package works to make a judgement call on whether it is worth it for this size of install.

As mentioned the tricky part is comparing apples (Endpoint Protection) with oranges (Home Premium - and every other 'home' security suite......)

Cheers 🙂

You should definitely talk to a member of the Sales team.  They have a lot of different offerings and solutions and I'm certain they can help you determine which would be best for each of your customers' environments, and of course they also have managed/MSP type solutions for individuals who want to be the Managed Service Provider for other businesses (which it sounds like might be your business model based on your description).  I don't know the cost/licensing details, however Sales will be able to tell you all about it.

Edited by exile360

7 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I also know that we do have some customers who operate as MSPs for smaller businesses with low numbers of devices/endpoints, however I don't know precisely what solution(s) they might be using and what their cost is, but I assume they are making a profit, whatever solution(s) they might be using.

Yeah - whether a MSP cost model can work here will be the $64,000 question - it's apples vs oranges. I'll take on board your recommendation and touch base with Sales and see what they say. Cheers.

As there isn't any 'contact' option, even from within the Partner Console, I'll humbly say the way to contact sales is pretty insulated.  However if the *only way* to begin a dialogue is to send my business details through to the Enterprise division; then so be it 🙂

There's a phone number listed on that page as well.  You could just give them a call (though I assume it must be during business hours on a weekday).  Their hours should be based on US PST and should be somewhere around 9AM~5PM, though it may differ from that (those are just normal office hours; I don't know if those are their actual hours for taking calls or not).

As a techbench user and Malwarebytes reseller I only use the standalone Malwarebytes. I use a combo of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. All clients are on Windows 10 and I setup all computers with and encourage use of Firefox, Chrome or the new Chrome based Edge browser. I have Ublock origin Malwarebytes Browser guard on all of them.

The challenge, even before the coronavirus outbreak is getting a client, after spending money fixing or purchasing a computer is getting them to spend the extra cost for Malwarebytes.

Most of my client base is average home users and a few businesses.

I also found a massive resource with additional details about the various products/offerings if desired.  It is located in this topic but be warned, it is just two long lists of links with one individual post for all non-business solutions and a second post for all business solutions, so you'll have to manually scroll through the list of sections to locate what you want or use CTRL+F in your browser on that page to do a search for occurrences of a particular term that you are looking for related to the product/solution type that you seek.

For example, there is an entire list of links under a section called Partner Solutions in Business Solutions that I believe you should find particularly interesting.

Edited by exile360

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

As a techbench user and Malwarebytes reseller I only use the standalone Malwarebytes. I use a combo of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. All clients are on Windows 10 and I setup all computers with and encourage use of Firefox, Chrome or the new Chrome based Edge browser. I have Ublock origin Malwarebytes Browser guard on all of them.

The challenge, even before the coronavirus outbreak is getting a client, after spending money fixing or purchasing a computer is getting them to spend the extra cost for Malwarebytes.

Most of my client base is average home users and a few businesses.

Totally agree,  the reason I prefer to use MB is the fact that it works happily with Win 10 (Defender) - which also means its easy to isolate if required.  Also completely agree with the price sensitivity of small clients - and using the stand-alone solution (Home Premium) was what I was always expecting to do.  All the security companies offer multi-license Home packages - which are typically the best value.

But when I was browsing through the Partner Portal I noticed that there isn't  a *lot* of price difference between Home Premium (3 licenses) and Endpoint Protection (2 licenses), so I really thought it best (as a reseller) to actually find out the difference!

As mentioned there's plenty of online reviews that compare these MB products with similar competitive offerings, but I'm searching for info that compares them directly 🙂

11 hours ago, exile360 said:

I also found a massive resource with additional details about the various products/offerings if desired.  It is located in this topic but be warned, it is just two long lists of links with one individual post for all non-business solutions and a second post for all business solutions, so you'll have to manually scroll through the list of sections to locate what you want or use CTRL+F in your browser on that page to do a search for occurrences of a particular term that you are looking for related to the product/solution type that you seek.

For example, there is an entire list of links under a section called Partner Solutions in Business Solutions that I believe you should find particularly interesting.

Cheers exile360, these are very handy links indeed.

Being the other side of the world always makes phone enquiry calls difficult - and these aren't the simplest of times.  So I find email actually works best for the initial contact, it also gives me insight into exactly how the support side works.

What I will probably do is simply register for my own trial of Endpoint Protection - given that we are pretty well in lock-down mode I have plenty of spare time in front of the computer to check it out!