hake

MBAE 1.13 Build 164

Posted (edited)

MBAE 1.13 Build 164 seems to play nice with Windows XP SP3 and also with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10(1909).

I see in the changeloggette that Protection against new exploit attack techniques is a benefit of using the new version.  Since MBAE 1.13.164 seems to work well with Windows XP, I wanted to know if it is recommended to use the latest version of MBAE with this piece of ancient Microsoft history.

Edited by hake

Thanks for the post @hake It is recommended to upgrade and use the latest version of MBAE to have the most current exploit protections and features. 

I was still running v. 1.12.1.90 and hesitating to install 1.13.1.164 on my XP SP3. I accidentally installed it. It works very well. I also was able to add SlimJet browser to shields list with success.

😃👍

Keep old version installation executables so there is a fall-back position.  Uninstall the new and reinstall the old.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:06 PM, hake said:

Keep old version installation executables so there is a fall-back position.  Uninstall the new and reinstall the old.

Yes, I always keep the older ones.😉

I just noticed that v. 1.13.1.64 loads with some delay at startup on XP SP3 (1-2 mins). It also affects the network connection. Have to wait until my connection is established.

This behaviour causes an entry in event viewer (Service Control Manager ID:7022).