Malware Pup.Optional.Spigot allways in my Chrome Default's folder

My dear friends. 
In my computer I use as security providers the Windows Defender AV and Malwarebytes, the Premium Edition tottaly Updated. In the Browser I have also Malwarebytes Browser Guard. I know that tool protecions can't do everything, and I also have some carefull about websites I make, as so I only install licenced programs. My questions are, if is normal and if this constitutes a thrat. Thank you for your help

quarentine.png

Hello JorgeCipriano1971 and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Continue with the following:

If you do not have Malwarebytes installed do the following:

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes or Malwarebytes is already installed do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "security tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes quarantine any found entries...

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Report tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Please use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes onto your Desktop.

Or from this Mirror

• Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select user posted imageRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Quarantine button. This will kill all the active processes
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

Next,

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin....

Hy, kevinf80.

For the first time I've maden a night scan and that has returned without any thrat detected.

However, I've followed this recommended this method that someone said to me: 

And the sesult was this:

Sorry, this is in Portuguese:

"

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Detalhes de Relatório-
Data da Verificação: 16/04/20
Hora da Verificação: 02:27
Ficheiro de Registo: 6ec7a0be-7f81-11ea-83da-c80aa9a8f148.json

-Informação de Software-
Versão: 4.1.0.56
Versão dos Componentes: 1.0.867
Versão do Pacote de Atualização: 1.0.22512
Licença: Premium

-Informação do Sistema-
SO: Windows 10 (Build 18362.752)
CPU: x64
Sistema de Ficheiros: NTFS
Utilizador: System

-Resumo da Verificação-
Tipo de Verificação: Verificação de Ameaças
Verificação Iniciada Por: Agendador
Resultado: Concluída
Objetos Verificados: 299006
Ameaças Detetadas: 0
Ameaças Movidas para Quarentena: 0
Tempo Decorrido: 1 h, 1 min, 55 s

-Opções de Verificação-
Memória: Ativado
Arranque: Ativado
Sistema de Ficheiros: Ativado
Arquivos: Ativado
Rootkits: Desativado
Heurística: Ativado
PPI: Detetar
MPI: Detetar

-Detalhes da Verificação-
Processo: 0
(Nenhum item malicioso detetado)

Módulo: 0

Chave de Registo: 0

Valor de Registo: 0

Dados de Registo: 0

Fluxo de Dados: 0

Pasta: 0

Ficheiro: 0

Setor Físico: 0

WMI: 0

(end)"

It means that last method was perfect.

Thank you anyway for you solution too.

Best Regards.

Jorge

25 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

Hello JorgeCipriano1971,

Thank you for your reply, are you now telling me your system is clear and no further help required...?

Thank you,

Kevin..

Hello, kevinf80, Thank you for your help. To me all opions count. But I've maden before a first search for the first method, and still keep to detect malwares. But after 1 day, it has stoped. It seems that may take some time to make efect. Like in humans the medicins we take. I don't domain quite good all of theeese. By the way, I use the Marlwarebytes Premium atualized and the Malwarebytes Browser Guard. The Adwcleaner I have too. Curious. Since last detections and after 2 days, those solutions have repaired the situation. Maybe is just like this, but thanks a lots for your help, I've maden also a part just as you said, except  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, because I didn't feel very secure about that. Sory for my unsecure. I'm just like this. But of course, I trust in everybody that have helped me. You are great. All of you. Best Regards.

Just now, JorgeCipriano1971 said:

Hello, kevinf80, Thank you for your help. To me all opions count. But I've maden before a first search for the first method, and still keep to detect malwares. But after 1 day, it has stoped. It seems that may take some time to make efect. Like in humans the medicins we take. I don't domain quite good all of theeese. By the way, I use the Marlwarebytes Premium atualized and the Malwarebytes Browser Guard. The Adwcleaner I have too. Curious. Since last detections and after 2 days, those solutions have repaired the situation. Maybe is just like this, but thanks a lots for your help, I've maden also a part just as you said, except  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, because I didn't feel very secure about that. Sory for my unsecure. I'm just like this. But of course, I trust in everybody that have helped me. You are great. All of you. Best Regards.

Well, was the first time that Malwarebytes in 2 mounthes didn't detected any thread !!!! It seems that this protection works very well. Thank to all of you, once more. You may say, that for now we can close this process.

Hello again JorgeCipriano1971,

Thank you for your reply, good to hear you confirm all is well again for you...

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

10 hours ago, kevinf80 said:
Hello again JorgeCipriano1971,

Thank you for your reply, good to hear you confirm all is well again for you...

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Hello, my friend. Thanks for your advice. The reeding you've recommended to me, I've maden that carefully. Even my browser's Guard is from Malwarebyytes. They protect me a lots. Watch bellow. I really thank you, kevinf80. Best Regards.

image.png

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Detalhes de Relatório-
Data da Verificação: 17/04/20
Hora da Verificação: 02:33
Ficheiro de Registo: 6338e364-804b-11ea-8b86-c80aa9a8f148.json

-Informação de Software-
Versão: 4.1.0.56
Versão dos Componentes: 1.0.867
Versão do Pacote de Atualização: 1.0.22552
Licença: Premium

-Informação do Sistema-
SO: Windows 10 (Build 18362.752)
CPU: x64
Sistema de Ficheiros: NTFS
Utilizador: JORGEPORT\Jorge Cipriano

-Resumo da Verificação-
Tipo de Verificação: Verificação de Ameaças
Verificação Iniciada Por: Manual
Resultado: Concluída
Objetos Verificados: 299674
Ameaças Detetadas: 0
Ameaças Movidas para Quarentena: 0
Tempo Decorrido: 41 min, 4 s

-Opções de Verificação-
Memória: Ativado
Arranque: Ativado
Sistema de Ficheiros: Ativado
Arquivos: Ativado
Rootkits: Desativado
Heurística: Ativado
PPI: Detetar
MPI: Detetar

-Detalhes da Verificação-
Processo: 0

Módulo: 0

Chave de Registo: 0

Valor de Registo: 0

Dados de Registo: 0

Fluxo de Dados: 0

Pasta: 0

Ficheiro: 0

Setor Físico: 0

WMI: 0

(end)

And also, my computer perfomance shows that improve, thanks to protecions I have now. And I note this equipment too much faster.

image.thumb.png.a46804c5ef98a9c93655463d907643d6.png

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you