lifetime license blacklisted

I have a lifetime license I've used for years on my laptop.  I've never shared it.  It came with a card I kept up with.  My hard drive died and I had to reload HP Windows 10 and now when I try to activate my license, it is saying it is blacklisted.  It is an original license.  How do I get some help?

Greetings,

Please begin by signing up for an account at My.Malwarebytes.com by following the instructions in this support article.  Once that is done, if your license key does not show up, try adding it as described in this support article.

Once that is done, if you are still unable to reset your license's status, please contact Malwarebytes Support by filling out the information on this page to create a support ticket and they will be able to assist you further (we do not have access to the licensing system here on the forums).

I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

Actually I purchased 3 lifetime licenses at the same time from the same place back then.  I successfully created an account and was able to successfully register 2 of the licenses to my account but the one I need to activate on my laptop will not register and says to contact support.    After I entered them I see buttons showed to up next to each one.  Should I click on those buttons?  Two of them have "download" buttons and one of them is showing an "activate" button.   However, the one I want to use will not register.

You'll need to contact Support to get the third license working most likely.  The other buttons are just for downloading the software and for activating it on a device, however you can do that from the devices you intend to install it on if you wish to.  Those links/buttons are just there for your convenience.

6 minutes ago, johnpowers said:

how does it work if a drive fails and I have to reload. 

6 minutes ago, johnpowers said:

Can I log into the website and deactivate a license so I can reload without this problem happening

That is exactly what the my account is for.

Regarding my post a couple of days ago, my laptop is running Malwarebytes but I think it's only a 7 day trial.  I have not heard back yet about my request to clear up the confusion about my legitimate license being blacklisted.  I opened a case with support already.  What will happen if the 7 days is up?  Malwarebytes is really one of the only programs I trust for antivirus and I can't activate my license I've had for years and appreciate so much.  

I opened a case and then got on the forum trying to find something that might help.  It was a little strange to see the word "blacklisted" show up when I tried to activate it on my laptop.

Then someone recommended I create an account and enter the numbers in my account and I discovered 2 of them went fine and the one on my laptop wouldn't.

So I posted on support with all 3 numbers.  

I don't mind the wait.   Feel better now hearing from someone saying they'll work on it.

Yes, Malwarebytes Support has been pretty busy lately so it may take them a bit to get it done, however they should have no trouble getting your license working again or issuing you a new license key if your original one has been compromised/pirated by someone (which could be the reason it was blacklisted to begin with).

• Root Admin

Support replaced your license. Please review your email and ensure the new license is in your My Account page.

If needed de-activate the current old license. Then using the new license activate the product again.

If you're still having issues please let us know'