HendricHo

Malware may have forced my computer into an automatic repair loop

I do have restore points, but it says I must enable system protection on this device

Will it allow you to enable it?

That's pretty odd. Normally most of these Ransomware attacks turn that off and delete your restore points.

Can you take a picture with your phone and share it?

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Will it allow you to enable it?

That's pretty odd. Normally most of these Ransomware attacks turn that off and delete your restore points.

Can you take a picture with your phone and share it?

Ok, but how do you enable it without going into the actual Windows 10?

IMG_20200408_103927.jpg

IMG_20200408_103935.jpg

IMG_20200408_103945.jpg

Also, people have told me that the key is located in systemid and in PersonalID and that if it ends in t1 its an offline key. I seem to have found it and mine ends in t1

10 hours ago, HendricHo said:

PS. Will backing up the encrypted files cause it to become undecrytable? 

Backing up files will not do anything. Without the private key you cannot restore the data period.

Please select that drive and it should then allow you to click Next. Then allow it to finish and it should then reboot. At that point maybe you'll be lucky and have access to data but let's see once we get Windows running again.

6 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please select that drive and it should then allow you to click Next. Then allow it to finish and it should then reboot. At that point maybe you'll be lucky and have access to data but let's see once we get Windows running again.

It will not allow me to select the drive to system restore 

@AdvancedSetup

My Pc won't boot so I'll have to do a clean reinstall. Can I use this method? The method is:

1) Backup all my files to an external hard rive. 

2) Check all my files on another computer.

3) Use a bootable USB Windows installer and reinstall Windows 10.

4) Put the files back in the 😄/C drive (I dont know why it put a smiley face) 

Please let me know ASAP. If there's anything wrong please let me know. I will only do this if you approve. Thanks. I already have all the necessary software and equipment. 

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks