Malware may have forced my computer into an automatic repair loop

Hello, my name is Hendric. 

Recently a few days ago, my computer had been infected by a ransomware. It started spamming my screen with pop up text boxes and randomly opened Internet websites. I'm pretty sure I have taken care of the virus, but now my computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop. I have tried system restore, but it says my system protection isn't enabled or something like that, and when I tried to boot up safe mode it became the Blue Screen of Death and said a critical process died. I tried to system restore using cmd, but its says it failed while restoring the registry from the restore point. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Hello @HendricHo

Please review the following link for further assistance.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/671473/stop-ransomware-stop-puma-djvu-promo-drume-help-support-topic/

If there is any possibility to recover data they have the most information on it. Many of these encryption ransomware attacks have no means to recover the data, but some do.

The .mado extension is the newest variant and there is no decryption solution for it at this time

Paying the criminals and not getting an answer is not uncommon which is one reason most experts advise against paying.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

Thanks advanced for the link, but my main problem is that my computer keeps going to the automatic repair screen and I can't got to the actual screen. I tried safe mode but it results in a critical process dided error. Thanks

Do you have access to another computer to download software and a USB disk of at least 8GB in size?

The issue or concern is that many of these different malware infection now disable or deleted your recovery points made with System Protection so you can't use them to try to get data back.

Is this a Windows 7, 10 or Vista computer?

Hello, thanks for the fast response. Yes I do have another computer and I have a flash drive with 28 GB storage so I think it will be sufficient. I'm using a Windows 10 Asus Desktop. 

Please review the following links on possible methods of repair. However, in many cases if Windows cannot auto repair it then it may take more work getting it fixed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026206/windows-10-find-safe-mode-and-other-startup-settings

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/repair-windows-10

Let me know if you get stuck or can't seem to get it going again.

I do not seem to be able to use these methods as I cannot even get to my sign in screen. Everyyime I turn on my pc I get sent to the automatic repair screen. 

No, it cannot damage the hardware.

So have you downloaded a Windows 10 ISO image and built a bootable USB disk?  You need to do that in order to boot into a recovery console that might be able to fix it. If not at least you can browse to copy things if needed but with your data encrypted aside from copying it to an external drive and saving it for the future in case someone does post a key to unlock it at some point in the future it's probably best to just take a new hard drive and reinstall Windows and then work on setting up a better backup routine so this doesn't happen again in the future.

Well we're not currently installing Windows. We're using it to boot to the Repair Disk to see if we can fix Windows or not.

The process won't delete your files but if you want to attempt to save them then I would highly suggest you use or buy a small USB drive big enough to hold your data. Then set it aside and hope and pray that some day someone does release a key. Without that key there is no one that will be able to recover your files.

If this were my own computer or a family member I'd probably just pull the hard drive out and set it aside in a ZipLock bag and label it with date and time and name of the infection as well as the link to Bleepingcmputer about it and check back every so often to see if someone has found a key. Then take a new hard drive and put in the computer and reinstall Windows. That would be my advice but we can try to see if we can get this version of Windows running again or not.

1. Yes, download the tool. Save it to your current good working system.
2. You MUST have at least an 8GB USB thumb drive in order to build the installation media. Without it you'll need to either borrow one or buy one. Otherwise you'll need to physically take the computer into a repair shop.
3. Once you've downloaded the Media Creation tool you double click to install and run it. Then follow the directions on that page to create the media for ANOTHER computer onto a USB stick.
4. Then once the USB stick is finished you insert it into the infected computer. Then use the Function key for your system to bring up the boot menu selection. You can look that up on the manufacturer site or let me know the brand and model number and I can probably get that for you.

No, we are not going to delete any files. Again, if you're that concerned about files you really should back them up now though before getting started.

How can I transfer the files, because I can't enter the actual home screen. I always get sent to the automatic repair screen? And when I do, will the files infect the computer I transfer it to? 

Also, is the 'another computer' the infected one? And I s the boot menu the on that let's you choose boot up options like Safe mode, safe mode with networking and smth like that? 

15 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

3. Once you've downloaded the Media Creation tool you double click to install and run it. Then follow the directions on that page to create the media for ANOTHER computer onto a USB stick.
4. Then once finished you insert it into the infected computer. Then use the Function key for your system to bring up the boot menu selection. 

I asked you if you had another computer besides the infected one. You said yes.

21 hours ago, HendricHo said:

Hello, thanks for the fast response. Yes I do have another computer and I have a flash drive with 28 GB storage so I think it will be sufficient. I'm using a Windows 10 Asus Desktop. 

So, using that other computer you do all the steps I mentioned above.

1. Yes, download the tool. Save it to your current good working system. GOOD CLEAN COMPUTER
2. You MUST have at least an 8GB USB thumb drive in order to build the installation media. Without it you'll need to either borrow one or buy one. Otherwise you'll need to physically take the computer into a repair shop.
3. Once you've downloaded the Media Creation tool you double click to install and run it. Then follow the directions on that page to create the media for ANOTHER computer onto a USB stick. GOOD CLEAN COMPUTER
4. Then once the USB stick is finished you insert it into the infected computer. Then use the Function key for your infected system to bring up the boot menu selection so that you can choose the USB drive to boot from. You can look that up on the manufacturer site or let me know the brand and model number and I can probably get that for you. BAD INFECTED COMPUTER