User_Hostile

Looking to see if my machine is infected.

I removed the RAM disk, and as you predicted the FRST program ran smoothly and quickly.  I've attached the resulting files one last perusal just to ensure that there are no surprises lurking.

The machine is still hanging up, but far less frequently, and no longer requires a re-image, just a cold reboot and it's good for a few sleep cycles before hanging again.  I still can get my work done, and that's the point of resolving this issue. 

My machine is hitting my own 'end-of-life' schedule (ten years), so I will likely replace it in the next few months, and use it for something else (as I've backed everything back up on the cloud).

This will be my last posting, as I've now got a handle on this.  I really appreciate the effort  you expended to find out what was giving my machine "seizures" and  was relieved to know that the most likely culprit was my laziness (which I can live with) rather than malware (which is almost impossible to bring those who write this evil to justice).  It really meant a lot to me you took the time out to help resolve this problem.  I've been working with PCs for almost 40 years, and this was the first time I really got flummoxed and couldn't find a loop-hole or work around.  Of course, I started during the days of 8086/DOS and started losing interest after the Pentium/WinNT, since it was becoming a full-time hobby just to keep up with the nuts and bolts of it, but  the knowledge carried forth til now.

So my sincerest gratitude for your efforts.

User_HostileFriendly

Addition.txt FRST.txt

You're quite welcome @User_Hostile . I haven't been doing it for quite that long, but I've been doing Enterprise Corporate support for about 30 years. Malwarebytes was a second job for me. and I've enjoyed it very much over the years.

I'm willing to continue to assist you if you like but again we'd need to really start uninstalling software and yes the RAM drive is often difficult for many applications to use well so probably best not to use one.

If you'd like me to help with removing software and cleaning it up more just let me know.

The following would greatly help us locate and uninstall or remove entries no longer wanted or desired

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com and Submit Unknown Images
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right-click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

image.png

Thanks

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you