Question about Insider Preview Support

Hello,

I'm currently enrolled in Windows Insider programme, build 19592

Malwarebytes is basically unusable here, ransomware protection causes global device slowdown, web protection sometimes shuts down internet connection completely and since the latest update, the program hasn't been able to register itself in action center too

I'm not trying to rant because I know you guys aren't supposed to support future Windows build. The question is, when are you going to work on this, is it only after the final 2004 build has been released?

Regards,

Wiktor

• Staff

Greetings,

There isn't much to be done about the performance issues, assuming you have no third party AV installed which might be conflicting with Malwarebytes, however the issue with Security Center might be fixed by opening Malwarebytes and navigating to settings and toggling the setting for Security Center under the Security tab off and then on again then restarting the system.

You might also post the following logs so that we may take a closer look to attempt to troubleshoot the issues you're experiencing:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Thank you for your answer

I've just formatted my PC a few days ago, so;
Firstly, no, simply flipping the switch doesn't help register it in Action Center, registering with as AC provider is altogether broken in this build
Other that that, I've attached the logs but I'm still suspicious about how useful they're going to be

I've just updated to the latest beta and it feels like the performance regression has gotten better? Although I've only been testing it for 30 mins now

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Staff

Is there any change if you disable or remove Megasync and NordVPN?  What about OpenVPN or ShareX?  I'm wondering if perhaps they aren't affecting the protections in Malwarebytes somehow, possibly contributing to the performance issues you're experiencing.

33 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Is there any change if you disable or remove Megasync and NordVPN?  What about OpenVPN or ShareX?  I'm wondering if perhaps they aren't affecting the protections in Malwarebytes somehow, possibly contributing to the performance issues you're experiencing.

Generally, Malwarebytes was the first program I've installed after the clean installation of Windows (including updating to the latest build) and performance hit was very noticeable

I've tried disabling the first two and it results in perhaps 0.5/1s faster boot. The last two don't contribute at all, I believe
I'm actually surprised by the latest build. The slowdown is noticable when I disable/enable Malwarebytes (before it used to render the PC unusable... could be booting even a few minutes longer)
Right now I'm most concerned with being unable to register it in Action Center

Thank you with your help so far 👍

• Staff

Does disabling Ransomware Protection or Web Protection in Malwarebytes make any major difference to performance?  As for the Security Center, I bet Microsoft has once again modified the APIs used for integrating into the Security Center.  Ever since it was created in Vista as a feature Microsoft has constantly been changing how it works and how anti-malware products should interact with and integrate into it so I'm sure it's just a matter of Malwarebytes' Developers getting details on the latest iteration and adapting the next release of Malwarebytes to integrate with it properly.

3 hours ago, Wiciaki said:

Windows Insider programme, build 19592

2004 will release as 19041. You way ahead into what "might" be the second update of 2020.

MB is not causing any issues with 19041 for me. I have no other 3rd party AV programs and I have tested with Mullivad VPN with no issues.

Edited by Porthos

Thank you.. I didn't even realize I was on the wrong branch
Unfortunately the initial feel was wrong and Malwarebytes straight doesn't work properly here unfortunately - the lag is massive

I'll quit the Insider programme as soon as it's possible