1PW

MB4 Offline Setup Suspicious Download

Posted (edited)

The above issue seems to have sustained using Apple's macOS 10.15.4 (19E287) Catalina, Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) for Mac, and today's MBG 2.2.3 extension update.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 23.11.50.png

Edited by 1PW

Hello Team:

MBG 2.2.4 has resolved the issue above.  Thank you as always.

Posted (edited)
https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web/mb4-setup-consumer/offline/mb4-setup-consumer-4.1.0.167-1.0.931-1.0.25008.exe

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 06.44.57.png

Edited by 1PW

Working fine here in Firefox and Chrome on Windows.

@gonzo

Hiya Mike:

Despite yesterday's release (and installation) of MBG 2.2.5, my version for Firefox 77.0.1 for macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) (Supplemental) still sees the off-line MB4 installer download as suspicious while it has not failed for Chrome on my MacBookPro11,3.

HTH

Always something weird on MacOS that we do not see on Windows.

@1PW We are unable to replicate this on Macs here.  If it's still happening could you please download your debug logs from the support page link? 

@gatortail

Hello Matt:

47 minutes ago, gatortail said:

If it's still happening could you please download your debug logs from the support page link? 

Yes, the suspicious warning still occurs as reported above.  I made another download attempt shortly after noon Pacific (19:01Z) and a MBG debug log request/upload was made directly.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Pete

The debug logs were zipped & PM'd as requested.  Good luck to all and be safe.

It appears that you have your own local html file with a link to download mbam. the local html file is referring to the download link and that site isn't whitelisted so it get's blocked.  Chrome isn't passing the referrer so it works but Firefox does.  Please try whitelisting your local file.

Hello Matt:

Whitelisting the generic mb4_offline URL (from my post #1) as malware, allows the current redirected URL to successfully download its executable file.

Will that be the final solution?

Pete