Normal.dot error on startup

• Root Admin

Hello @NabeelMansoor

The issue you describe is typically not related to malware. It's often due to a change to the normal.dot wich is a template file. We'll do some cleaning and if the issue remains then I'll find you an article on how to correct that.

I would recommend that you uninstall and not use System Mechanic. Windows 10 is more than capable of managing maintenance on the system for you.
The same for CCleaner
https://helpdeskgeek.com/free-tools-review/why-you-shouldnt-download-ccleaner-for-windows-anymore/

https://www.howtogeek.com/361112/heres-what-you-should-use-instead-of-ccleaner/

Using µTorrent (peer 2 peer software) is not illegal and there are legal uses for it, however, the vast majority of use is illegal in most countries. It also increases the risk of your computer possibly bypassing security and infecting the computer. I would recommend against using it.

Why are you storing malware on the computer? It seems a bit risky with little value to the average person.
C:\Users\User\Downloads\Compressed\theZoo-master

Please run the following fix. It will remove some old or invalid entries. It will also verify all the Microsoft Operating System files and attempt to repair them if any are found to be wrong. It will also empty your temp files and recycle bin and run a disk check on reboot.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Root Admin

Thank you.  From the log

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please open Malwarebytes and click the small star wheel on the top right. Under Settings, choose the Security tab. Scroll down to Windows Security Center and ensure that is off if you wish to use Windows Defender as well as Malwarebytes.

Then open Windows Defender and check for updates and do a quick scan and let me know if there are any issues updating Windows Defender or if it finds anything from the scan.

If there is anything else you need please let me know.

• Root Admin

I will go ahead and close your topic now but I'll leave you with the following information to help you better protect your privacy and data @NabeelMansoor

If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. 
If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

PrivacyTools - Encryption, and tools to protect against global mass surveillance - https://www.privacytools.io

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018
This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Delete Cookies Automatically

Cookie AutoDelete plugin
Chrome  | Firefox 

Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused
HTTPS Everywhere
NOTHING TO HIDE documentary

Review your email and Office choices

Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota
Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail
LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite

Use Password Management software

Bitwarden
KeePass Password Safe

Make sure you use a strong master password
Then set the key transformation settings (the link below helps provide information on how to choose good settings)
https://pthree.org/2016/06/29/further-investigation-into-scrypt-and-argon2-password-hashing
KeePass Password Manager: Full Detailed Setup (good YouTube video on setup and using Keepass but choose the Argon2 method for Key transformation)

Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls

Please review the following site for a breakdown of features of different Messenger applications.

SafeSwiss
Riot
Signal
Wire     
NOTE: Recent news of Wire having new investors and moving to the United States.
Wickr Me

Follow-up Reading

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
10 easy ways to prevent malware infection 
Keep your data backed up

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks