malwarebytes causing computer to run slow

its been causing my computer to run super slow until i turn off everything in real-time protection except for web protection. i have tried to turn each individual one off and see if its a single one that's doing it but it only starts running right when i turn off the 3 of them then i have to close Malwarebytes and do a restart then i can turn them on and it will be fine for a couple days then it starts doing it again. its been happening sense i updated to Malwarebytes 4.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

4 minutes ago, lilmantony said:

its been causing my computer to run super slow until i turn off everything in real-time protection except for web protection. i have tried to turn each individual one off and see if its a single one that's doing it but it only starts running right when i turn off the 3 of them then i have to close Malwarebytes and do a restart then i can turn them on and it will be fine for a couple days then it starts doing it again. its been happening sense i updated to Malwarebytes 4.

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system and is only available to authorized members and the original poster

Can you please follow the directions from the following KB article and post back your logs so that we can review

Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually

Thank you

7 minutes ago, lilmantony said:

i did right before you posted 🙂

2 things. The first is probably not causing your issue.

I would uninstall Spybot. It is really not what it used to be in the old days.

Next lets do a clean install of MB. You are slightly out of date.

Open the support tool and under advanced choose clean.

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

If you still have issues, Just disable web protection and test for a while.

i was using spybot as a backup sense i have been having issues with MB. i did the clean install so we will just have to see in a couple of days if it does it at all. i have already tried uninstalling and getting the latest version from the website and it did not fix it so hopefully your way will work better.

2 minutes ago, lilmantony said:

i was using spybot as a backup sense i have been having issues with MB

Your "backup" is already Windows Defender. Defender is very capable now.

If you need Web Protection even if Malwarebytes works fully enabled or not, The Malwarebytes Browser Guard is recommended.  https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard/

27 minutes ago, lilmantony said:

ya im going to pass on that and wait for a admin to respond.

That is fine with me.

I am authorized by the staff to offer advanced help here on these boards. See the member title Trusted Advisor under my name. I have been here on these forums since 2008 and do computer repair for a living. Also have been a authorized Malwarebytes reseller for just as long.

If you wish to wait and have someone else come along and direct you in the same fashion as I am already doing no problem.

Best wishes and please stay safe and healthy.

• Root Admin

Hello @lilmantony

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your system. I've moved your topic into the malware removal forum where I can help you run some scans  to see what might be going on and see if we can get this corrected for you.

Let me have you run the following to ensure the system is not infected first.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and select Scan and let it run.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the View Report button, then the Export button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know in your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • When finished, please click Clean & Repair.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Attach or Copy its content into your next reply.

RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a checkmark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Are you still using the Seitek Cyborg mouse?

Please temporarily exit out of Malwarebytes from the Task Tray. Then run the following fix. It will check and verify all operating system files are valid and repair them if possible if it does find any corrupt. It will also run a disk check on reboot as well as delete all temporary files and empty your Recycle Bin.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

• Root Admin

From the logs

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please open Malwarebytes and click on the little gear in the top right. Then under Settings, Security, make sure that Windows Security Center is enabled. If not go ahead and move it to the right to enable it.

Then restart the computer again and let me know if Windows Defender is now off or not.

• Root Admin

Okay, please use the following link to uninstall Malwarebytes

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Do not allow it to reinstall when it offers to do so. Decline and finish tool.

Then reboot a second time and run FRST again and post back both new logs please.

• Root Admin

Okay, let's have you run this fix and reboot again.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Once that is done, then download the following Malwarebytes full offline installer and install Malwarebytes

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

When or if asked about registering Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center select yes. If not asked, once installed go to settings and make sure it is enabled.

Let me know how it goes.