"Installation Token not found"

Hi everyone, today morning I've purchaised a subscription for malawarebytes premium, however I think I've made some mistakes. Trying to active the product I kept to put in the wrong activation code....... when I've finally figured out the mistake, I've tried to put in the correct activation code but the programs returns me the error "Installation Token not found", what can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hi Andy,    :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing.

before starting in, please close all open work. Also, lets please do a Windows Restart.

I also want you to watch the whole process and keep a eye out for on screen prompts, especially later on during this first run. Keep a lookout for prompts during the later phases of the run. It may ask for a Restart of Windows. If so, it is critical to reply with YES

Let's perform a clean re-installation of the latest Malwarebytes for Windows version using our Malwarebytes Support Tool. This is designed to automate the clean uninstallation of our products, along with installation and activation of Malwarebytes for Windows Premium (if applicable).

Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST) Clean Reinstall

• Open your Downloads folder.

Right-click   mb-support-1.5.4.760  & select Run as administrator    to start the tool   & reply YES to allow to go forward.

• When prompted by Windows, reply YES to allow the tool to go forward.
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!".
  • Click the Advanced Options link. This is important. Please ensure Advanced Options is clicked.
  • Click the Clean button followed by Yes to proceed.
  • Upon completion, click OK to reboot your computer.

It may take a few minutes for the next phase to re-display on your screen.  Please have Lots of patience.   It may take several minutes to show.

• After the reboot, please wait for the program to reopen.
  • You will be presented with the option to install Malwarebytes for Windows. Click Yes.
  • Installation of Malwarebytes for Windows will commence shortly after.
  • Upon completion, Malwarebytes for Windows will automatically open.
  •  If installation of Malwarebytes for Windows does not commence, please let me know.

Then, when all is done, please lets do one final Windows Restart.

If you encounter any issues during the running of the tool, please let me know.

Once the new setup is completed, you may then do the Premium License activation.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479154-Activate-Premium-subscription-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Please keep me advised after all this. Thank you.

Sincerely,

41 minutes ago, AndyMetal said:

I mean i tried with some eicar files but they didin't work.

About EICAR.

Malwarebytes is not designed to function like normal AV scanners and uses a new kind of scan engine that relies mostly on heuristics detection techniques rather than traditional threat signatures.  Malwarebytes is also designed to look in all the locations where malware is known to install itself/hide, so a full or custom scan shouldn't be necessary, especially on any sort of frequent basis (like daily), especially since the default Threat Scan/Quick Scan checks all loading points/startup locations, the registry, all running processes and threads in memory, along with all system folders, program folders and data folders as well as any installed browsers, caches and temp locations.  This also means that if a threat were active from a non-standard location, because Malwarebytes checks all threads and processes in memory, it should still be detected.  The only threat it *might* miss would be a dormant/inactive threat that is not actively running/installed on a secondary drive, however if the threat were executed then Malwarebytes should detect it.  Additionally, whenever a new location is discovered to be used by malware the Malwarebytes Research team adds that location dynamically to the outgoing database updates so the locations that are checked by the default Threat/Quick Scan in Malwarebytes can be changed on the fly by Research without requiring any engine or program version updates/upgrades.

If you need a flat file scanner to check archived data/drives, I would recommend using one of the many available free AV scanners such as Kaspersky's Virus Removal Tool, ESET's Free Virus Scan, or even the built in Windows Defender that ships with Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.  Links to the first two scanners I mentioned can be found below:

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool
https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/

More info HERE https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/253972-malwarebytes-4-faqs/?do=findComment&comment=1346719

Andy,   Your system runs Windows 10  and also has ESET Security.

The following is just to beef-up your web browser programs.  I recommend these steps.

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

For the Google Chrome browser, or the Brave browser, I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   ( or Brave )  browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

Get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard  Firefox extension.

Open this link in your Firefox browser:   

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/

Then proceed with the setup.

That link is for English US.   There are other language version.  Just go to the very bottom right of the page and look at “Change language” list drop down.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
added tips for web browsers

I would  also recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

54 minutes ago, AndyMetal said:

I don't have any av other than MB, Is MB premium enough to keep my sistem safe?

Your logs showed you have ESET. If you do not have it any longer then the combination of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender along with the suggestions posted above will do just fine.

Did you uninstall ESET after you gathered your logs?

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Your logs showed you have ESET. If you do not have it any longer then the combination of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender along with the suggestions posted above will do just fine.

Did you uninstall ESET after you gathered your logs?

This is not acceptable, I can't keep active on my system malwarebytes (that however slows down my system), and windows defender toghether, I have a 5400rpm hard drive.

4 hours ago, AndyMetal said:

I have a 5400rpm hard drive.

Just a general recommendation, if you can afford it I would highly recommend upgrading to some sort of SSD, even if it is just a cheap one with limited capacity to store your operating system and programs on.  It will be the single most noticeable speed/performance upgrade you've ever made to your PC for boot times and large data load times, not to mention AV and malware scans will be much faster (a Threat scan with Malwarebytes with rootkit scanning enabled takes about 40 seconds to complete on my system).

6 hours ago, AndyMetal said:

This is not acceptable, I can't keep active on my system malwarebytes (that however slows down my system), and windows defender toghether, I have a 5400rpm hard drive.

Although I upgrade as many of my clients as I canto a SSD. ALL of my clients (over 400 active monitored) ALL use the Defender Malwarebytes combination for security. It does not slow the computer.

Also you did not answer me about ESET.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Although I upgrade as many of my clients as I canto a SSD. ALL of my clients (over 400 active monitored) ALL use the Defender Malwarebytes combination for security. It does not slow the computer.

Also you did not answer me about ESET.

I don't have any other AV istalled, I removed ESET before of the gathering of logs......

Yes here the same, i have upgraded most of laptops with an SDD from my clients. They all very happy with an faster laptop or desktop and thanked me. Also no everyone use defender with malwarebytes and NO problems with anything at all. i always try to say that more then one AV is not an good idea, and you can be sure to have a lot of problems with computer and programs. Malwarebytes and defender are the best solution without any problems. For people that use an Desktop you also can use an NVMe SSD instead if possible.

First of all thank you for your answer guys, but in my opinion you are talking about the obvius.......I mean I am perfectly aware that if I had an SSD I could keep without any problem Malwarebytes and another AV on my system, but now I'm talking about my system with and hard drive of 5400rpm, I can assure you that Malwarebytes slows down a system like mine, and It's just not sustainable having another AV program alongside MB.

Have you made the following adjustment to Malwarebytes for Windows ?  if not, then do so.  Malwarebytes Premium will still have all real-time protections.

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center 

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to 

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".

2 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Have you made the following adjustment to Malwarebytes for Windows ?  if not, then do so.  Malwarebytes Premium will still have all real-time protections.

Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings ( gear ) icon. Next, lets make real sure that Malwarebytes does NOT register with Windows Security Center 

Click the Security Tab. Scroll down to 

"Windows Security Center"

Click the selection to the left  for the line "Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Security Center".

I did it but nothing has changed..........what this setting would do?

Sorry if I misunderstood.  If you only want Malwarebytes Premium & no residency of Windows Defender, then you would want Malwarebytes Premium registered with the Windows Security Center.   As long as there is no other 3rd-party antivirus, that makes Malwarebytes as the resident ( active ) antivirus-app.   and thus, not have Windows Defender as an active monitor.