flmnc

Task Manager closes shortly after selecting "More Details"

The nvidia.vbs file should be a text file. If you open it with Notepad.exe you should be able to see what it says.

Please open Autoruns. Locate these entries and right click and delete them.

image.png

image.png

Not saying this is invalid but interesting as running and checking on my system my driver is not flagged like yours is. Don't touch this yet. Just of possible interest right  now.  Delete the entries though in the upper 2 images.

image.png

The same here. It may be normal to not be verified as not all drivers are, but again, scanning my system the file is not logged as unverified.  Don't touch this yet. Just of possible interest right  now.

image.png

I'll do some more testing, scanning of some other systems and see if I can duplicate your driver issue.

Alright, I deleted those things you asked me for.

This is what shows up for me on the nvidia text file:

https://prnt.sc/rr975h

Do I also delete "Adobe Type Manager"? It's also highlighted

No, leave Adobe alone

Wow, not sure where, how you got Nvidia drivers before but this is not from Nvidia.  Please delete that .vbs file.

image.png

And it downloads this image and creates some bogus entry for Smart Cleaning

image.png

I would highly suggest your FULLY remove ALL Nvidia drivers and software from your system. Here is a tool designed to help with that.

Display Driver Uninstaller
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Display Driver Uninstaller Thread
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/display-driver-uninstaller-thread.379506/

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/display-driver-uninstaller-thread.379506/page-94#post-5774285

Oh.. doh! I see. This  is / was in the Adobe folder.

Is this your computer? Is the Adobe hacked, cracked, or stolen?

Now I'm very suspicious of anything Adobe on the system.

i mean literally earlier i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers like from their site 

I'm gonna go ahead and do that, I'll get back to you

Alrighty, I followed the guide and reinstalled the drivers. I’ll go ahead and check what Adobe stuff I may have on my pc

Hey, I'm not sure what exactly it was that fixed the issue, but Task Manager seems to be working perfectly fine now!!! I guess it was that shady nvidia text file, cause I don't seem to have any adobe stuff asides from maybe flash on my browser. I owe you and thanks for your help through this whole stupid mess; is there any way I can support you? 

Also, I don't mind if you wanna keep working at this and figure out exactly what the issue was; I'm here to help if it'll aid you in assisting more people on these forums. What you're doing here is great.

Difficult to say for sure but I'd say it was probably either the VBS file or the Smart Cleaning entry.

Glad the system is working well again. I'll go ahead and leave you some information to help you better protect your privacy and data. No rush, but take your time and read up some and check out some of the videos. Will help you in the long run to better understand and protect your computer.

If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. 
If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

PrivacyTools - Encryption, and tools to protect against global mass surveillance - https://www.privacytools.io

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018
This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Delete Cookies Automatically

Cookie AutoDelete plugin
Chrome  | Firefox 

Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused
HTTPS Everywhere
NOTHING TO HIDE documentary

Review your email and Office choices

Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota
Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail
LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite

Use Password Management software

Bitwarden
KeePass Password Safe

Make sure you use a strong master password
Then set the key transformation settings (the link below helps provide information on how to choose good settings)
https://pthree.org/2016/06/29/further-investigation-into-scrypt-and-argon2-password-hashing
KeePass Password Manager: Full Detailed Setup (good YouTube video on setup and using Keepass but choose the Argon2 method for Key transformation)

Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls

Please review the following site for a breakdown of features of different Messenger applications.

SafeSwiss
Riot
Signal
Wire     
NOTE: Recent news of Wire having new investors and moving to the United States.
Wickr Me

Follow-up Reading

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
10 easy ways to prevent malware infection 
Keep your data backed up

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

I will close your topic soon.

Take care and stay safe out there

Additionally, everything seems to be running WAY quicker now, which is also a plus. Sorry for the late spam, just excited to finally see the manager work lmao

Thanks man; I really appreciate your help. You've represented the forums incredibly and it was a pleasure to work with someone patient and understanding and smart like you. You have a great one too; if there's any way I can repay you or give you positive rep, just let me know

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks