Cannot install Malwarbytes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Interesting. Okay please run this fix one more time. It will run the operating system file checks again and a few other scans.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Once that is done please post back the FIXLOG.txt file and then run FRST again and get me the 2 new FRST and ADDITION.txt log files.

So you'll have 3 log files to send back on your next reply.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Please review the following link on how to reinstall Windows 8.1 without losing your data. At this point there are a lot of errors listed and since the troubleshooter is not fixing them it's best we install Windows 8.1 again.

Non-destructive reinstall of Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-8-and-8-1.html

Please give that a try and let me know if you have any issues or you're still having trouble after the reinstall

• Root Admin

A reinstall is not going to have all the updates and is typically not going to fix all updates. I can be difficult to get all updates installed. Look at your installation history and see which one is failing and what error it gives you. Let me know the name of the failed KB and what error it gives and maybe I can assist.

• Root Admin

Windows Search appears to be broken. Please see if the following fix can correct it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17590/automatically-diagnose-and-repair-windows-file-and-folder-problems

Application errors:
==================
Error: (05/04/2020 06:54:30 PM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (EventID: 7042) (User: )
Description: The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you