I am still not 100% used on this Android device which is a full of Bu**t annoying ads everywhere on such new mobile . and I’m looking for an ad-blocker but there is a lot of fake ones on the Google play store . in meanwhile Google is also blocking an search item for "Malwarebytes Browser Guard" on my Android device .

so I have no clue what ad-blocker is recommend to the Android device . could some one help me with this above ?

Hi @Gt-truth,

To start, you won't be able to remove the Chrome (Google) browser.  However, you can install another browser and make it your default.  You could then disable Chrome in Apps info.  I personally like the Brave browser, but there are other options like Firefox, Opera, and even Microsoft Edge now.  All have ad blocks, and all of them are on Google PLAY.

What make/model is your phone?  Some phones come with apps that display ads right out of the box.

Nathan

HI @mbam_mtbr so I have to install the Firefox  but it has a few problems , one is to open a blank page even when I search for anything so I turn off what I think the ad blocker and this solve the blank page problem but however the Firefox is very slow for the android OS . so I had to uninstall it  and I had to install Brave .

no any AD on either Firefox and Brave though :) so will continue with Brave web browser from now on :)

21 hours ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Gt-truth,

Good to hear!  I've been using Brave for about a month now personally.  So far so good for me.

Nathan

Hello @mbam_mtbr

good to know we’re both are a users of Brave for mobile ! :)

and a question : how can I install Malwarebytes Browser Guard on this device . if this is possible then can to I install MBG to Brave web-browser ?

and why there is no search result for Malwarebytes Browser Guard in the Google play store using a Mobile device ?

Edited by Gt-truth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @mbam_mtbr

not sure whether the ADs are constant or not . I will try to learn how to get the screenshot from mobile . :(

I have trouble to figure out how to send a screenshot from the Mobile to My another Email so I can to grab the screenshot from there and to attach it here .

Edited by Gt-truth

Hi @Gt-truth,

So you are getting ads at the beginning of YouTube Videos, correct?  This action is actually legitimate.  Many apps and services legitimately shows ads in order to keep the app/service free. 

It becomes Adware if the ads become aggressive.  This includes pop-up ads that overlay on screen, ads on lock screen, ads in notifications, ad redirects, etc.

Nathan

On 4/10/2020 at 3:44 PM, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Gt-truth,

So you are getting ads at the beginning of YouTube Videos, correct?  This action is actually legitimate.  Many apps and services legitimately shows ads in order to keep the app/service free. 

It becomes Adware if the ads become aggressive.  This includes pop-up ads that overlay on screen, ads on lock screen, ads in notifications, ad redirects, etc.

Nathan

hi @mbam_mtbr yes that is correct . and yes this ads becoming an adware or malware . pretty annoying ads  ! can’t watch YouTube sometime because the ads suddenly appears while watching YouTube’s videos .

so the brave web-browser is based on Google chrome ?

is Malwarebytes going to supporting  protecting for other web-browser for the Mobile ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, Gt-truth said:

"... can’t watch YouTube sometime because the ads suddenly appears while watching YouTube’s videos ."

As I understand it, this is normal for the free version of YouTube.  The timing depends on the particular video and how long you've been watching any videos without being exposed to an ad.  If you hit the "<" navigation button of your phone during one of those ads, it may stop the ad and your video will resume about where it stopped.  Or you could just let it play and rest your eyes by looking away from the device 🙃

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, jonzid said:

As I understand it, this is normal for the free version of YouTube.  The timing depends on the particular video and how long you've been watching any videos without being exposed to an ad.  If you hit the "<" navigation button of your phone during one of those ads, it may stop the ad and your video will resume about where it stopped.  Or you could just let it play and rest your eyes by looking away from the device 🙃

@jonzid so the YouTube go to be a paid Premium service ? and the YouTube’s song library is now only available to the paid user only ?

On 4/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Gt-truth,

At this time, we just focusing on protecting Chrome.

Nathan

hello @mbam_mtbr

this will be interesting to see some few new feature for Malwarebytes for Android . anyway here I’ve been notching that some of YouTube options are missing by using the Brave web browser  . so one of the missed feature is "the notifications bell" under the video . from the laptop and by using FIREFOX I still can see and use "the notifications bell" but I can not see it when I use the brave from the Mobile . so any idea ?

On 5/6/2020 at 9:45 PM, exile360 said:

Yes, normally ads are shown during video playback on YouTube, however a good ad blocker like uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus will block them and they should be available for any Chromium or Mozilla based browser (as well as Internet Explorer in the case of Adblock Plus).

@exile360 are there a Ublock Origin or well-known Adblocker for to be used for the Android mobile device ? not sure here if the Brave web-browser is a Chromium based web browser or not . however if it to be a CHROMIUM BASED ONE then Google is no longer allowed to any AD BLOCKER to be installed in Google web browser or for others as I was read elsewhere .

on the Google play store it says that the Brave is contains ads ? what is mean . may be to be Adware for now ? is that why the ads suddenly appears when  users do a playback on YouTube ?

CpWz_3882.png

Edited by Gt-truth

I believe most extensions should be compatible with Android, but I don't own a smart phone or anything else with Android on it so I cannot tell you for certain, though you should be able to find the add-ons in the Google web store and try installing them to see.

As for Brave, I don't use it and don't know much about it.  I use SRWare Iron, personally.