Latest version very slow scanning

I'm finding the latest version to be very slow in scanning.  I'm using it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet.  With the previous release a full scan would take maybe 7 - 10 minutes.  With the new release, after 10 minutes it had only scanned 17 apps.  I am using the free version, not the paid for version.

I've tried this several times and get the same result.  Any idea what the problem might be?

Bill

5 minutes ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @BillH99999 & @Gt-truth,

Do both of you happen to have battery optimization turned on?  We're looking further into this situation.

Nathan

hello @mbam_mtbr

I am not familiar because I’m a new user to Mobile , so how can to check and where should I looking at ?

how do to have the battery optimization to be turned off ?

1 hour ago, mbam_mtbr said:

I am seeing a completely deference options compared to the screenshots in the article link.

battery usage > power  consumption alert is now toggled off

there is a "force stop" button , I click on it and it can not force stop the power  consumption .

Edited by Gt-truth

I have a question on this.  I have not changed any battery settings and MB scanned pretty quickly before and now it is very slow.  Doesn't this indicate  that it would be MB rather than the battery settings?

In any case, on my tablet I am running Android 9.  The settings don't look anything like what you show.  Probably changed by Samsung.  In any case, I have adaptive battery turned off which is the setting  to "limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often".  Is that the right setting?  I also have Optimize Settings turned off.  This is to "Save battery by optimizing your settings when you're not using your tablet".

Bill

15 minutes ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @Gt-truth,

How about this one, and you can pick Malwarebytes rather than Ninehttp://nine-faq.9folders.com/articles/16876-how-to-turn-off-battery-optimization-on-the-huawei-devices

Nathan

hello @mbam_mtbr

unfortunately there also no such "Special access" option which are in the screenshots in the other link and it completely deference options  and meantime I am not able to find such options . this is a complicated for me .:(

18 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

I have a question on this.  I have not changed any battery settings and MB scanned pretty quickly before and now it is very slow.  Doesn't this indicate  that it would be MB rather than the battery settings?

In any case, on my tablet I am running Android 9.  The settings don't look anything like what you show.  Probably changed by Samsung.  In any case, I have adaptive battery turned off which is the setting  to "limit battery usage for apps that you don't use often".  Is that the right setting?  I also have Optimize Settings turned off.  This is to "Save battery by optimizing your settings when you're not using your tablet".

Bill

Hi @BillH99999,

Do you know what version of Malwarebytes for Android you are on currently?  This will be under About.  Personally, I scanned with version 3.7.5.1 and it scanned pretty quickly.  Also, what settings do you have checked under Settings->Scanning?

We'll continue to look into this,

Nathan

@mbam_mtbr

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my tablet.  It is faster than last night when I reported the problem, but still pretty slow.

On my phone I scanned 405 apps and 2536 files in 41 seconds.

On my tablet I scanned 314 apps and 16141 files in 9 minutes 30 seconds.

The scan of the tablet used to take about 4 minutes.  It is the scanning of the apps that is taking so long not the scanning of the files.  It scans about 30 - 35 apps a minute.

Bill

21 hours ago, mbam_mtbr said:

yes the screenshot in this article are almost the same with my android settings . and I have to have most options for Malwarebytes and most of Malwarebytes features are turned off now .

I’ve also to have made others option turned off ,

so as I understand that "manage manually = mean turn off" correct ?

• 7 months later...