Adware or Trojan on computer

Hello,

I have been getting some redirects when I visit Microsoft Teams' to a website called checkload.net, then it redirects me back to Teams. I downloaded Malwarebytes but no w when I visit almost any website I keep getting a popup from Malwarebytes:

image.png.a6fcb38314d5275d3b5a6bbd097da21c.png

I ran a Quick and Custom Scan (those are the only two options), but nothing was detected. After that I ran AdwCleaner which detected one thing, I quarantined it and restarted the computer. I'm still getting this popup.

I've attached the malwarebytes log, AdwCleaner log, and FarBar log.

malwarebytes-3-26-20.txt Addition.txt FRST.txt AdwCleaner[C00].txt AdwCleaner[S00].txt

• Root Admin

Okay, please make sure you have all your passwords for websites and export your bookmarks to a location outside of the Google Chrome folder structure such as your Documents folder or a new folder.

Chrome
Reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out issues with Chrome.

• Open Chrome and at the top right, click ellipse.png.2829aeeb2aea006bc956de077091and then More tools and then Extensions
  • Write down the list of Extensions installed.
  • Next, go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account. Make sure you know your password as this will clear it from the browser.
  • Scroll down until you see the  reset_chrome_sync.png "reset sync" button to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase.
  • Now, close all Chrome windows. Chrome cannot be running for the next step. If needed, print this information or use another browser to read the information.
  • Press the Windows key + R at the same time, to bring up the run dialog box.

• run_command.png

• Type in (or copy/paste) the following and press Enter:     %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\
  1. Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
  2. Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak". This will unselect them.
  3. With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files and folders.
  4. Example of all files and folders selected, except Bookmarks

chrome_files_folders.png.00938ead26fa2bd

Restart your computer now and make sure there are no longer any alerts or other browser issues and let me know the results

Thanks

• Root Admin

Great, glad to hear the alerts are now gone and the computer working well again. I'll go ahead and leave you with some information to help better protect your privacy and data. Will also go ahead and close your topic but if you do need further assistance please let us know.

If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. 
If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though)

PrivacyTools - Encryption, and tools to protect against global mass surveillance - https://www.privacytools.io

Help Secure your browsers

You may be interested in using our new Malwarebytes Browser Guard to help protect your browser from items that uBlock or others don't target.

Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system.

FireFox, ChromeOpera , SafariMicrosoft Edge
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer

How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018
This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings

Delete Cookies Automatically

Cookie AutoDelete plugin
Chrome  | Firefox 

Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused
HTTPS Everywhere
NOTHING TO HIDE documentary

Review your email and Office choices

Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota
Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail
LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite

Use Password Management software

Bitwarden
KeePass Password Safe

Make sure you use a strong master password
Then set the key transformation settings (the link below helps provide information on how to choose good settings)
https://pthree.org/2016/06/29/further-investigation-into-scrypt-and-argon2-password-hashing
KeePass Password Manager: Full Detailed Setup (good YouTube video on setup and using Keepass but choose the Argon2 method for Key transformation)

Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls

Please review the following site for a breakdown of features of different Messenger applications.

SafeSwiss
Riot
Signal
Wire     
NOTE: Recent news of Wire having new investors and moving to the United States.
Wickr Me

Follow-up Reading

Everything you need to know about cybercrime
10 easy ways to prevent malware infection 
Keep your data backed up

Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks