Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and other application issues

You are fortunate you are only running free edition.  Have been struggling with this for six weeks.  In premium, it breaks Reader DC, Windows Security, and Malwarebytes itself, requiring safe-mode startup to exit the loop.  Also slows Internet browsing to a crawl.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Grellton said:

You are fortunate you are only running free edition.  Have been struggling with this for six weeks.  In premium, it breaks Reader DC, Windows Security, and Malwarebytes itself, requiring safe-mode startup to exit the loop.  Also slows Internet browsing to a crawl.  Good luck!

Greetings,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with Malwarebytes.  Please allow us to assist you by posting the following logs so that we may troubleshoot the problems:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Edited by exile360

Ticket # is 2910675.  E-mail is different because of the incredibly torturous process to register.  Would not let me use the e-mail I have had for over 10 years, claimed that obviously good security question responses were incorrect, had to keep on reentering same info just like some government sites, a total pain.  Almost as bad as getting an online social security account...

Just for grins, I re-enabled MB.  It's been OK for half a day.  Past experience has been that problems reoccur out of the blue with no discernable trigger.  Of course, the watched pot never boils.....

Thank you for providing that additional information, and please do let us know if the problem with Malwarebytes recurs.

In the meantime I've documented your feedback on the forum signup/registration process and will be submitting it to the Product team for review in the hopes that they might be able to make the process more intuitive in the future.

I hope that your issue is quickly resolved and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

• Root Admin

I have a professional license for Adobe Acrobat Pro and I've had issues opening the program a couple of times. For reference if it does happen again please try exiting out of Malwarebytes and let us know if that corrects it. In my case I had to clear preferences before and reinstall to fix it.

https://appuals.com/fix-adobe-acrobat-wont-open/

Grins didn't last long.  It took a week, but after a shutdown/restart the exact same problems reoccurred.  (v4.1.0.56  cp1.0.835)  Ran FRST, which crashed, but not before saving logs, which have been uploaded to support ticket.  It's definitely not Acrobat Reader problem only, same 4 issues each time, Reader always works great as soon as Malwarebytes isn't running.  Somehow this time I didn't have to use safe-mode boot - Malwarebytes crashed only after I was able to disable auto-startup on settings page!  Is there a version coming for COVID-19?

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Grellton said:

Did get it to work for almost a week with latest versions.  As of 4/27, had to disable again.  Same stuff, different day.

What ever became of your support ticket?

Be sure you are using the most current version. Manually check for application updates in settings.

We want to let you know there is a new Malwarebytes 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.889 component update

As you find suitable, please go ahead and retrieve the update manually by clicking "Check for updates" under Application Updates in Settings > General.

• Root Admin
On 3/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, Grellton said:

Thanks, but no thanks.  I already have a support ticket half a mile long, you've been chewing on my last uploads for 15 days.  Keep on chewing.  

As you have a support ticket for this and do not wish to post logs then we are unable to assist you on the forums. I will go ahead and close your topic. Please follow up with your online support ticket and they can assist you via logs.

Thank you