Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)

theoldschool
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

I run 2 webservers (abyss) on 2 PCs - both with home weather stations. One is on port 80 and the other on port 8000 - if I access the PC just using my top level domain (i.e. http port 80) via Firefox 74.0 if connects fine but if I try and access the other PC on port 8000 Browser Guard blocks me with the message "Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)". The TLD is the same in both cases so why is it being blocked on port 8000 but not on port 80?

Any suggestions anybody?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been reported that Browser Guard is giving a false positive on https://www.alumknights.info/ with the message "Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)". We ran a VirusTotal.com check on our website and it came up clean.

Could this URL be double-checked and whitelisted if possible?

Thanks,

Dan Jones

AlumKnights.info Blocked by MWB Browser Guard.pdf VirusTotalResults-AlumKnights.info.pdf

1 minute ago, ABQDANJ said:

Could this URL be double-checked and whitelisted if possible?

While we wait for staff. A note on Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD)

Non-standard TLD's (biz/cc/info/xyz/online and so on) are commonly used for malicious purposes.  Malwarebytes err on the side of caution to assure that we are protecting our users. If our users encounter a block, they report it (as you did), it gets tested, and if it is determined to be safe, it gets whitelisted.

• gonzo locked this topic