JohnDanielDePadua

After removal of Malware Bytes ( free download ), no internet access

Great, probably make at least one more reboot, and check for any Windows Updates and keep an eye on it and let us know if you continue to drop connections or not.

Thank you

Are you sure. If you're not actively using them they may have been down momentarily as well. I lose connectivity from my ISP on average about once or twice every couple of days and I know it's them.

If this is caused by Malwarebytes we'll need more logs to verify but if it's only happening randomly every few days then that's going to be even harder to track down.

Can you make it happen on demand or fix on demand by stopping our Web or Ransomware Protection module?

Yes, I can make it happen on demand. Well, yes there was onetime I had malware bytes installed, and I turned on features that seemed to reconnect back to the internet.

To be more specific about on demand, I uninstall certain programs and that makes me lose internet.

To be more specific, I had turned off features and that removed my internet, and then I turned the same features back on and that returned my internet back.

Okay, please do not reinstall it. Use your computer for a few days without it. Use Windows Defender antivirus if you need antivirus protection.

Keep an eye on the computer - try not to add/remove features, etc. Reboot the router if needed and see if that helps if you lose connectivity.

Again, try to pay attention to what you're doing to see if there is something common going on that you're  doing that might cause this to happen

This person seems to experiencing the same issue as me back in 2016. Would you be able to look at their fix and let me know if there is any similarities? I would like to keep my accountability software, and anytime I download it, the next day, I experience the same problem with my DNS. Our current plan is not practical for longevity. Thanks. 

Attached is the link: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601740/dns-probe-finished-nxdomain-issue/

All your older logs are no longer available to review. Please run FRST again and post back new logs. Make sure Smart Screen or Windows Defender does not block it.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks