After removal of Malware Bytes ( free download ), no internet access

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge this is a new windows account, and I used my school's email which has microsoft privileges to create this new Windows account when I had to factory reset (because of the initial problem).

My prior windows account was not activated because my friend gave me one that was free. Could that be the issue that FRST is detecting? 

Here are the attached files.

Addition.txtFRST.txt

No, this is not a licensing issue. It means that the Registry cannot read your profile to load it.

Loaded Profiles: False (Available Profiles: JohnDaniel.DePadua) <==== ATTENTION (Temporary Profile?)

Please see if you can create a new local account and add it to the local administrator group.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account

My desktop computer ( the computer that was first experiencing issues ) has lot internet connection against when I uninstalled malware bytes. I am getting very frustated. I am going to have to factory reset this computer again just to get internet connection.  What can we do to resolve this intermittent issue?

Well for now you're computer is not really allowing you to log on with anything that is working or will save correctly.

Please go ahead and attempt another restore if you have to but at some point you might just be better off making sure your data is backed up to an external source and then formatting the drive and installing Windows fresh again to ensure you don't have any issues like this. Then getting into the habit of making good backups. We can help with advice on that if needed.

Let me know once you have it restored again and post back new FRST logs.

You need an external hard drive as large as the current drive space used.

Drive c:\ () (Fixed) (Total:465.13 GB) (Free:376.35 GB) NTFS

You're currently using about 90 GB of the current hard drive.   That is very little data. Judging from the size of your hard drive the computer is probably a little old. Buying a small 500GB hard drive is actually more expensive than buying a 2TB drive these days.

Here is an example

Seagate (STGX2000400) Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac 
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/dp/B07CRG94G3/

I just wanted to inform after uninstall another anti-virus program "Bitdefender," the same issue came up again. I also attached pictures of what I mean by soft vs hard factory reset. When I say soft factory reset, I am referring to "keep my files" as the first option found in the second picture, and when I am referring hard factory  reset, I am referring to "remove everything" as the second option in the second picture. Both have worked to fix the issue of "err_connection_reset"

Factory Reset - 1.png

Factory Reset - Hard vs. Soft.png

So you're saying you had to do another System Restore - AFTER you ran the FRST scan again and posted the log?

Let me know so we don't waste time as the logs will no longer be valid if you've done a restore after running them.

Okay, Malwarebytes is not installed on this Windows

The user profile is valid, it's not a temp.

Please run the following fix to see if we can clean up the system in general.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

If all is good then you can continue using the computer as is. If we can't get it working well then backing up your data and reinstalling Windows would be my recommendation.

Please run the fix and post back the log so we can see where we're at.