Search any search manager in safari

Apologies if this subject has been covered elsewhere I cannot change my homepage in safari due I believe to this http://search.anysearchmanager.com/?_pg=5703469C-F0AD-5A56-9FD1-89D654CD6395&affid=A02OB_ext_bsf&type=t I have tried to remove without success, any advice would be appreciated. I have a MacBook pro laptop. Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.

If you have scanned with Malwarebytes you have certainly removed the cause of your problem but the browser settings cannot be fixed by Malwarebytes.

To restore this follow this post   How to remove the after-effects of adware writed by @treed

If you do not resolve follow this article Upload logs to your ticket using the Malwarebytes Support Tool for Mac but don't post the results here; rather it registers a support ticket and sends the zip files created by email https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope I was helpful

Have a nice Sunday

Massimiliano

There are several proposed solutions cited in that discussion, including a reference to exactly the same article that @MAXBAR1 listed above. Spelling out exactly what you did would be much more helpful here.

1. Go to System Preferences again and click the Users & Groups pane.

2. Unlock it using the padlock, then click on your user name in the left-hand pane.

3. Choose the Login items tab in the main window.

4. Look for anything that seems suspicious.

5. If you find anything, click on it then click the ‘-‘ button at the bottom of the window to remove it.

Thanks all for your help. This is what cleared it for me.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

@treed That should probably be added to your pinned article.

@ANDYG30 Do you recall the name of the item you removed from Login items? It’s still on your computer and eventually needs to be removed, but first I’m sure the Malwarebytes Staff would like to know much more about it so that others won’t need to go through what you have.