navaris42

HADES coming up as ransomware

Hades on Steam triggered the ransomware alert and now the .exe is quarantined and says it will be deleted on reboot. But it won't allow a restore because it says an item is marked for DOR and I can't restore until after reboot.  Is there a way to retrieve the exe?  I've attached the service log.

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

I'm not quite sure about how to restore an item marked for DOR. I'll see if I can find someone to assist you with that. 

However, I fixed it so that file should no longer be detected once it's been restored. 

I was informed that once a file has been marked for DOR, you have to restart your system in order to restore it from quarantine. 

Also, you may want to add "D:\SteamStuff\steamapps\common\Hades" to your allow list.

Right now the status says it needs to be deleted on reboot so is there a way to mark it for recovery before rebooting?

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Your best bet is to reboot the machine and allow the remediation to occur.

Afterwards, you can restore the D:\SteamStuff\steamapps\common\Hades\x64\Hades.exe file from Quarantine.