Firefox

Can't Download File

I am trying to download a Portable version of UltraFileSearch.  It gets blocked by MB Browser Guard. I put a check mark to not block it again but it just keeps looping and does not allow the download unless I pause Browser Guard Protection

Download Site
https://www.ultrafilesearch.com/download.html

Portable Download Link
https://www.ultrafilesearch.com/download.php?name=UltraFileSearchStd_560.zip

Adding whitelist entry now...

19 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Make sure you also update to version 2.2.1 @Firefox

I thought it updated automatically, how does one go about updating it? How can I see what version is installed?

@gonzo thanks for adding to white list.

To see the about info click the MBG icon and click the 3 dots symbol then select Support.  The only way I know of to force an update would be through the browser's extensions management page or to simply uninstall it and download/install the latest version from the add-on site.

It should update automatically but sometimes it does not.

If you need to manually check

image.png

image.png

image.png

On its surface, my Firefox 74.0 browser MBG extension did not automatically update from 2.2.0 to  2.2.1 till I manually checked for extension updates.  Yes - my extensions are set to automatically update.

On the other hand, my Chrome browser had already updated the MBG to 2.2.1.

HTH

Thanks for all the added info...

Posted (edited)

@Firefox I had the same problem as your and I’ve put an check mark already to not block the software that I want to install  but MBG won’t let me to download it . when this is occurred then MBG will open a second block page as in a new tab . 

Edited by Gt-truth

4 hours ago, Gt-truth said:

@Firefox I had the same problem as your and I’ve put an check mark already to not block the software that I want to install  but MBG won’t let me to download it . when this is occurred then MBG will open a second block page as in a new tab . 

Yes that is what I was seeing, that being said, I can download it just fine now after updating to latest version of MBG v2.2.1 and @gonzo adding it to the whitelist.  If your still getting this issue I recommend you update yours.

25 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Yes that is what I was seeing, that being said, I can download it just fine now after updating to latest version of MBG v2.2.1 and @gonzo adding it to the whitelist.  If your still getting this issue I recommend you update yours.

updated to latest version of MBG version 2.2,1 seem have the issue resolved !

thanks to you and to all Malwarebytes team for all hard works :)

9 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

updated to latest version of MBG version 2.2,1 seem have the issue resolved !

I suggest making sure you are up to date be you first step in diagnosing issues.