Unable to install Malwarebytes

Hi i tried to install malware bytes free version  but I'm getting this Installation error it says Unable to contact license server.Check network settings or contact system administrator for help. It shows Installation_token not found when activating my license. I tried to uninstall 2-3 times with malware bytes support tool  1.5.4.760  into a safe mode but it appears the same message after reinstalling the software.

Attached are the logs.

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Staff

Greetings,

Your logs show that you have some sort of VPN software installed as well as AVG antivirus.  I would suggest disconnecting from/disabling the VPN then trying to install and activate Malwarebytes from here to see if that resolves the issue.  If it still fails then I would suggest trying to disable or remove AVG.  AVG's official removal tool can be found on this page if you need it.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue persists.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi @CostaGRZ,

The Malwarebytes Service (mbamservice.exe) is currently blocked in Windows Firewall. You will need to remove this rule in order to successfully activate your license.

It looks like you may have downloaded and ran an unofficial Malwarebytes installer (which was subsequently detected as malware by Windows Defender). Please be sure to obtain the installer from the Malwarebytes website: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Date: 2020-03-22 06:06:00.011
Description: 
Windows Defender Antivirus has detected malware or other potentially unwanted software.
For more information please see the following:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37020&name=Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock&threatid=2147723626&enterprise=0
Name: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock
ID: 2147723626
Severity: Severe
Category: Trojan
Path: containerfile:_C:\Program Files (x86)\MBSetup\MBSetup.exe; file:_C:\Program Files (x86)\MBSetup\MBSetup.exe->(AutoIT)->E.exe; file:_C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MBSetup.lnk; startup:_C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MBSetup.lnk
Detection Origin: Local machine
Detection Type: Concrete
Detection Source: User
Process Name: Unknown
Security intelligence Version: AV: 1.311.1712.0, AS: 1.311.1712.0, NIS: 1.311.1712.0
Engine Version: AM: 1.1.16800.2, NIS: 1.1.16800.2

Can you provide more information on where you obtained the file referenced above? Do you still have this file?