Laop

Can't unistall Malwarebytes (Mac - Mojave)

I have a 2009 Mac Pro running Mojave.    I have two versions of Malwarebytes installed.    Version 1.3.1.628 installed and I have tried the UNINSTALL option in the Help Menu.    The software requests a reboot to do the uninstall but once the computer restarts Malwarebytes 1.3.1 continues to be there.    How can I get rid of this software?

Thanks

Since 1.3.1 is so old and unsupported, I suspect the help menu uninstalled can no longer cope with the newer Mojave security restrictions, specifically the need to provide an admin password to delete an app from the Application folder. I suspect you can complete the job by simply dragging the application to the trash and providing the previously mentioned password. If you see any other evidence of other parts of the installation, let us know and I’ll see if i can figure it out for you. The staff may have some more ideas when they get back to their stay-at-home work sites on Monday.

Hi @Laop,

Let's perform a clean uninstall & re-installation of the latest Malwarebytes for Mac version using the tool below:

Note: The apple script will remove all files related to Malwarebytes and install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac.

Download file MWB_Clean_Reinstall.zip from the link below

https://malwarebytes.box.com/shared/static/rg3d6usn693nd4al8ey69txd8zw74wl4.zip

• Go to the Download folder
  • Unzip the zipped file, then control-click and choose openMWB_Clean_Reinstall" app, it will open a dialog to open the file to run, click open.
  • Click Ok and provide the computer user’s login to allow the app to authenticate and run.
  • Soon, it will open Malwarebytes welcome screen.

This will remove your current version as well, so you need to set up scheduled scans again.

Hope this helps.

Hi I downloaded the app as instructed and ran it but I never received the Malwarebytes welcome screen.     The previous version of Malwarebytes seems to be gone and no version is currently installed on my computer,   Should i do anything else?

Thanks for the help

Happy to send you the requested file.    how do I send it to you via private message?   email, twitter, other options?

Thanks