KwisB

Malwarebytes blocking internet access by Chrome and Google

I only paid for Malwarebytes yesterday.  Wish I hadn't wasted my money.  I now can't access the internet by Google or chrome or Microsoft Edge.  Stupid system.  I can't access Malwarebytes to allow or give permissions for these sites either.  Bassically Malwarebytes has taken my money and given me in return a USELESS SYSTEM.  IT HAS RUINED MY PC.  SHAME ON YOU MALWAREBTES.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing trouble with Malwarebytes but we should be able to help you to resolve this issue.  To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at what is happening with your Malwarebytes installation and system:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Please calm down... I use the same browsers as you with Malwarebytes on my 4 computers at home, there is no errors.

Maybe you use Malwarebytes with another antiviral product? This is in many cases the culprit.  If you send the logs we can look what is causing the problem.

Thanks. Hope I have attached file. I used to have Kaspersky.  I have tried multiple times to delete it.  If you can manage tghis as well I would be grateful.

KwisB  (Christine)

mbst-grab-results.zip

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KwisB said:

KwisB  (Christine)

Controllers Version:     1.0.835

Please do a manual update to Malwarebytes.. And Restart the computer.

See if that helps.

Check for updates MB.png

Edited by Porthos

Just as i thought... If Malwarebytes components package 1.0.854 is installed, you should not experience the conflict with Ransomware Protection after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.

Some other useful information about this problem;

Malwarebytes Components Update: 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.854 addresses Certain Ransomware protection incompatibilities with Kaspersky

This release includes, along with other things, the fix for Kaspersky, iTunes and Photoshop

If your PC is already on Version 4  ( regular or beta) you will be updated to it automatically as long as automatic updates are enabled. If you have temporarily disabled them then please enable them to allow this update.

The original Kaspersky conflict issue was due to a change made by Kaspersky on their Antivirus 20.0.14.1085(patch E) programs. As their change was causing issues for our users we took it upon ourselves to work on developing a workaround for this conflict.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 20 version 20.0.14.1085 was released on July 24, 2019
Patch E for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on October 23, 2019 which is when the issue was first reported to us.
Patch I for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 20.0.14.1085 was released on February 18, 2020 and is the latest at the time of this posting on 2020-03-19

Please note that although our update works around this issue, at any time in the future another update from Kaspersky could once again potentially create another conflict. This applies to most other security software as well since we do not have control over what other security program changes other vendors make. On Windows 10 the built-in Microsoft Windows Defender has consistently worked pretty well alongside Malwarebytes when enabled for quite a while now for those that have chosen to use it.

Yes, as mentioned above, Kaspersky conflicts with past versions of Malwarebytes, but manually updating to the latest version and restarting your system should resolve the issue.  The conflict occurred due to a change in Kaspersky's most recent AV versions and was fixed by Malwarebytes' Developers, though this is no guarantee that Kaspersky will not make additional changes in the future resulting in additional conflicts as they do not test for compatibility with Malwarebytes.

I can't open Malwarebytes to do an update.  I can't access it all.  I double click on Malwarebytes - nothing happens.  I right click and go to Open - nothing happens.

KwisB

27 minutes ago, SPDIF said:

Just as i thought... If Malwarebytes components package 1.0.854 is installed, you should not experience the conflict with Ransomware Protection after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.

Its just i do not understand why all users come posting here very angry, Malwarebytes is always the one that has the fault, but no one ever think the other way.

I this case it is Kaspersky that is causing the problem. Why does Kaspersky not change their product so it can work together with Malwarebytes?

4 minutes ago, KwisB said:

I can't open Malwarebytes to do an update.  I can't access it all.  I double click on Malwarebytes - nothing happens.  I right click and go to Open - nothing happens.

Can you please try this:

1. Download the offline installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

2. Run the installer

Can you please let me  know if that worked ?

I think you should de-install kaspersky first, then restart computer. Also try to disable ransomeware protection in Malwarebytes.

I can't do a manual update because I can't open Malwarebytes.  If I click on icon - nothing happens.  If I right click and go to open - nothing happens.  I can't access it at all nor can I uninstall it.

I am completely stuck.

KwisB

I have downloaded the file to desktop which was the only option I was given.  But I can't open it.  When I click on it all I get is the error tune.

Thanks for trying but I just don't know what to do or how to do it>

KwisB

Is kaspersky still installed on the computer? If so first de-install kaspersky and restart your computer.

Kaspersky and Malwarebytes are blocking each other, do not worry it is not your fault. First try to de-install kaspersky, so the block is not in place anymore.

@KwisB First question, Is Kaspersky paid for and up to date?

Would you like to run both it and Malwarebytes? Or are you trying to replace Kaspersky all together.

Answer those questions and then we can proceed.

Hello @KwisB

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I have moved your topic to the malware removal forum where I can assist you one-on-one with your issue.

Please go into Control Panel, Programs, Add / Remove and uninstall Malwarebytes and restart the computer. 

After that, then run the following for me, please.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks