License by Email

gnulab

Greetings,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will be sure to pass it on to the Product team for consideration.  Just to clarify what you are requesting, you want to be able to install Malwarebytes (free) then launch the software and use your My.Malwarebytes.com login information to activate it instead of having to enter your license key, is that correct?

Edited by exile360

• Root Admin

The issue with that model is that it's a security application that needs to run 24/7/365 the potential for abuse using a login method only like other software is immense. I have UltraEdit and Adobe Creative Cloud that both use the login method which works fine because I can have it installed on any system I want but it's not actually running. Then if or when I log into one of those computers to run it the license will pop up and ask me to login or simply allows it to run if I've not recently run it on a 3rd system. Then it de-activates the program license on any other computer so that my login will work with the computer I'm on. As you can see that would disable it on one or more other computers at some point but without visiting all 20 computers you'd never know which one was running and which was not. Personally I think that model just would not work well with our current software always running need. That said we are reviewing other possible licensing models that might work better for some.

Thank you again for your feedback