jek1234

My Topic Was Closed-My Thoughts

Posted (edited)

My topic "Hacker has made himself administrator of my PC". It was closed by moderator AdvancedSetup. I am still upset over this. I would like this post answered by the TOP moderator at Malwarebytes.

Continuing-

What would you have done if I slightly altered my post in the other forum, instead of copying and pasting it word for word?  I also would like to know how you found out I was posting at G2G. 

I have always valued Malwarebytes products, downloads, forums, etc., over the years. This is the first time I have had this problem. As I said in my other post, I see nothing wrong with re-posting a problem at other computer forums for additional help, suggestions and ideas. It seems like you are taking this "personally".

I still request opening of my post. If not, would you allow me to re-post it, but with different wording, or what would you require?

I may also wish to post at other forums on Malwarebytes in the future. I assume I may do this.

I would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

John Kromka

jek1234

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed private message content and email address

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jek1234 said:

I see nothing wrong with re-posting a problem at other computer forums for additional help, suggestions and ideas. It seems like you are taking this "personally".

The issue is the people helping here in a lot of cases are the same people helping on other forums.

It can cause severe issues to your computer including it not booting any longer if you are having multiple help forums assisting with Malware removal. Think too many cooks can spoil the broth.

All reputable help forums have the same policy if they see you are being assisted on other forums for the aforementioned reason.

Many of the trained and authorized malware removal helpers were trained on Geeks to go and that is why your other post was noticed.

You are allowed to seek Malware removal assistance from one site at the same time.

You are free to post here about Malwarebytes software issues once your topic on the other site has been resolved.

17 minutes ago, jek1234 said:

I would like this post answered by the TOP moderator at Malwarebytes.

The person that closed your topic IS the TOP Administrator of this forum.

Edited by Porthos

Posted (edited)

No you may not repost your topic. I'm sorry you don't agree with the policy but even Geeks to Go has the same policy too, as do several other forums. We all work together trying to help as many users as efficiently as we can.

You're welcome to post other topics unrelated to your current malware related issue but again it is advised that you wait until your topic on Geeks to Go has been completed.

Also, please do not post private messages or email in public without the approval of the other party. There are some forums that will ban your account for that. I realize that there are hundreds of websites and blogs that do not care but there are many that do care.

If you were posting about "general PC hardware / software" issues then it would be okay to post on as many forums as you like. The issue at hand is that you're posting with a malware threat related issue and that is the reason only one site handles it.

Thank you again

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information