ATF Cleaner

mountaintree16

Just a quick question -

ATF cleaner can be used on Vista, correct? I am pretty sure that I read somewhere on here that it can be, but I just want to make sure, since on the site it says XP and 2000 only.

No problem, this info from their site should prove useful as well:

Notes for Windows Vista users:

On Windows Vista that "Windows Temp" is disabled, to empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator"

Prefetch has been disabled on Windows Vista. As I'm not sure the effects that emptying prefetch on Windows Vista will have for the time being it I won't enable that function.

Be sure to run it as Administrator by right-clicking on ATFCleaner and selecting that option :) .

I like ATF cleaner for cleaning other user's temp folder on a machine but I use another product which I'm not sure can be released to the public so I won't give the name. For cleaning off my computer in general, I use CCleaner. Much more detailed in what exactly it is removing.

No problem, I watched it running and it shows a list going by in the window rather quickly as it runs, but I kept noticing it looping back on certain files and retrying and there was no way to cancel and task manager couldn't even kill it so I did a hard reboot, which I really hate having to do :) . I never tested it on my Vista box though, it might behave better there.

Hello mountaintree16

ATF-Cleaner can be use on W98, ME, XP, Windows 2000, Vista and Windows7. Yes I used it on these OSs and it works.

Both CCleaner and ATF will complement each other, find what the other one misses. Run a test between the two you shall see the different results. :P

Beside using ATF, CC, I use the one IE provides(Tools>IE options> General> Browsing history) :)

@ sho-dan

I clear the history from the browser too, and then after that I'll use ATF cleaner B) hehe. I haven't tried CC yet, haven't gotten around to it, but I will.

@ Maniac

That's interesting. I haven't had any problems with ATF cleaner and FF so far. I would also be interested in knowing what sites are affected and anything else if it happens again.

Thanks for posting about that here so we can be on alert.