E_J

Unable to complete renewal purchase using PayPal

Here's one of mine: 2939786

I can't even renew because the crummy ecommerce website keeps throwing errors in my face. Firefox and Chrome. Been trying it for a week, no go.

Plenty of emails about "your premium blabla is about to expire", and "we've saved your order!" to today's "sorry, you're premium subscription has expired".

Who do we have to shout at to get some attention???

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, E_J said:

Who do we have to shout at to get some attention???

We hear you.

6 minutes ago, E_J said:

Here's one of mine: 2939786

When exactly did you submit this ticket? Did you submit than one? Multiple tickets can slow the response time.

Edited by Porthos

March 10, at 1:06 PM, is when I got the confirmation email.

I've yet to get a reply from support. Should I wait longer?

And no, I only submitted 1 ticket.

8 minutes ago, E_J said:

I've yet to get a reply from support. Should I wait longer?

It can take 5-7 BUSINESS days for support to respond when busy.

Have you been checking your spam/junk folders as well?

I will ask a staff member to check on the ticket status.

@AdvancedSetup

Wow. I wasn't aware of that. 5-7 business days, on a bad week, can be what.... 10 or 11 week days. Surely they're kidding?

Nothing in the spam. Gets checked several times a day. And cleared.

Thanks for your reply. I'll wait some more.

Oh, and for completeness sake: a few days ago I set my preferences to automatic renewal via PayPal, after the constant stream of failures to get it done manually. That has not happened yet; and judging from the "oops, expired" email earlier today I guess it's not going to either.

20 something years of putting my trust in MBAM. Boy, this sure is a ball-dropper.

19 minutes ago, E_J said:

Wow. I wasn't aware of that. 5-7 business days, on a bad week, can be what.... 10 or 11 week days. Surely they're kidding?

It does not always take that long. There has been no announcement if the coronavirus issues are reducing support staff but it would not surprise me.

22 minutes ago, E_J said:

20 something years of putting my trust in MBAM.

Mb has only existed as a paid program for about 12 years. You must have purchased it after 2014 when it became a subscription.

I think you will hear something either here or by email sometime Monday.

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I have contacted Support and asked them to review your tickets @jrclen  @E_J

Thank you

Thank you. Someone did send me a reply, with a new payment link. Didn't work, same error message...

12 minutes ago, E_J said:

Thank you. Someone did send me a reply, with a new payment link. Didn't work, same error message...

Have you tried a different browser.

Hello @E_J

Please try the following to clean up your installation of Google Chrome and let us know if that corrects the issue on the site or not.

I have, both Chrome with an Incognito window (as recommended by support) and Firefox. Same result.

What I get to see is this, after logging into PayPal:

657135011_Malwarebyteserror.thumb.jpg.bb4b9965554f0b5676bb2fe0e8ed1647.jpg

Then, after clicking the blue OK button, I get taken back to the e-commerce site, and I see this:

558926943_Malwarebyteserror2.thumb.jpg.3d7bea93908112dbac00dc7c6407bf84.jpg

As you can see there are no fields marked in red to fill in completely.

The only red on that page appears to be a discount that was applied after logging into PayPal.

Clicking Next takes me back to PayPal to log in, then back to this page. Over and over again.

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @E_J

Please try the following to clean up your installation of Google Chrome and let us know if that corrects the issue on the site or not.

Thank  you, I missed this one earlier.

Synch is off, always has been. Default search engine, nothing else. I use Chrome for 1 thing only: to listen to my favorite radio station (Firefox wrecks its UI, so...)

AdwCleaner didn't find much. 3 cases of so-called "pre-installed software", that weren't pre-installed at all. Gotta wonder.

Stuff that it found and I quarantined:

***** [ Registry ] *****

Deleted       HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\zonemap\domains\dospop.com
Deleted       HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\zonemap\domains\incredibar.com
Deleted       HKLM\Software\Classes\IsLicense50.IsLicenseMgr
Deleted       HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Installer
Deleted       HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\\Classes\CLSID\{8BF0126F-A5B7-4720-ABB2-2414A0AF5474}

That's all, folks...

I've asked our internal team to review and see if they're able to duplicate your issue and get it corrected. It may take a day or so but hopefully not too long.

I'm happy to say they're still working on it. By sending me 10 shopping cart reminders a day...

1657759568_Shoppingcartreminders.thumb.jpg.4d2c8010e5aad125b30dc23274dcdfe0.jpg

Yes, you're spam bot is still working guys!!!

Hi @E_J

Are you using any type of Ad or Script blockers in any of your web browsers?

I'm going to split off all of your posts into your own new topic and move to another forum area where I can work with you to get some logs.

Let me get the following logs @E_J and we'll see if we can determine what might be causing this issue for you. C2 Support says they've tried the process and are not able to duplicate your issue.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

21 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hi @E_J

Are you using any type of Ad or Script blockers in any of your web browsers?

I'm going to split off all of your posts into your own new topic and move to another forum area where I can work with you to get some logs.

Apologies for my late reply. Busy work week. Social distancing? Work from home? Not an option for this guy...

To answer your questions: I'm using AdBlock Pro with Firefox. Chrome I don't use much; and I'm not quite sure if that same ABP is active in Chrome. Script blockers? Not that I'm aware of.

I heard from support again today (plus the 10 "hey you left something in your cart!" emails). That gentleman provided me with a new link, that I tried in a never-used MS Edge. And also in Chrome, Incognito. Alas, the new link didn't work either (same problem), although I noticed a small - but potentially important - change. I now get to see a "processing order" icon for less than a second; but after that it's back to square one.

By all means, split away. And I'll reply to your other post next.

Thank you.

22 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Let me get the following logs @E_J and we'll see if we can determine what might be causing this issue for you. C2 Support says they've tried the process and are not able to duplicate your issue.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

The contents of those files are "Chinese" to me; but they are attached.

Thank you.

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Thanks @E_J

You're running a modified "hosts" files that is probably either the issue or part of the issue. Even Windows Defender is complaining it cannot resolve the network address to get updates.

Error code: 0x80072ee7
Error description: The server name or address could not be resolved

Can you temporarily restore the Windows "hosts" file back to the default settings. In most cases using an Adblocker in the web browser is a better and more efficient way to block ads and other undesirable trackers.

Once you've replaced the hosts file with the default hosts file go ahead and run the following fix. It will remove a few files and settings that are old or no longer needed on the system. It will also check and verify that all Microsoft Operating System files are valid.

How to reset the Hosts file back to the default

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Can you temporarily restore the Windows "hosts" file back to the default settings. In most cases using an Adblocker in the web browser is a better and more efficient way to block ads and other undesirable trackers.

I have no idea how that happened. It's certainly not something I remember doing on purpose, with a specific goal in mind. Now I'm starting to worry I got hacked, somehow.

I'll follow your instructions and see what happens, thank you.

No hack, replacement of the hosts file is quite common for many users trying to block Ads and other unwanted website tracking. I'll be around, post back the log when ready