Palebushman

Acclamation For MalwareBytes

The only part of leaving Windows that I have regretted losing is; I no longer have MalwareBytes helping me keep my Linux Mint MATE secure from any potential nasties. Now that there is considerable movement away from Windows to join Apple and Android OS's, I am curious as why MalwareBytes is not offering to provide their awesome protection to Linux based OS's, which like Apple and Android, are also vulnerable to open source bugs and nasties, are they not?  https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/all/2020/03/13/open_source_bugs/

Couldn't keep up with the expenses of constantly upgrading my old Apple iMac, so switched to Windows XP & 7 and the warm fuzzy feeling of MalwareBytes protection, but after discovering the 'modus operandi' with Win 10, the flags were flying for me to move over to the less invasive and more tolerable side of OS's. Not the easiest of transitions for an old timer, but the affordability and effort has been well worth it.🤠👍

Linux is a very different animal from Windows, so Malwarebytes has to be considerably redesigned in order to run on Linux. They're probably already working on it, but it's a time-consuming and challenging task.

Greetings,

I do know that Malwarebytes has at least some versions of their scanner functional under Linux, however I have been out of touch with the Developers for so long that I do not know where things stand with regards to any possible Linux offerings.  That said, I will pass your feedback on to the Product team for consideration, and I too hope to someday see Malwarebytes' offerings become available to Linux users.