Jump to content

Latest MB Beta 4.1.0.56 version 1.0.853 CU


throkr
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Staff

Greetings,

I just tested on my own system and the translated text appears to be displayed correctly:

ProtectedII.png.14bd833d4536afc316e64c3909ffda3f.png

I also verified that the Spanish language translation is working correctly as well:

Protected.png.f457cd0d24d95bf5153f1c741e25f93c.png

You may need to close and re-open the main Malwarebytes UI if it isn't updating the text correctly.  If that fails to resolve it then I would suggest restarting the system and if the issue still persists then I would recommend a clean install then upgrading to the beta once more to verify that it displays correctly:

  1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here
  4. Once that is done, launch Malwarebytes and access the General settings tab by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then enable the option for beta updates near the bottom of the tab, then scroll back to the top and click the Check for updates button and allow Malwarebytes to download and install the new beta

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists or not.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the fast reply.

Close and re-open MB didn't work, so I made a new installation using the Support Tool and updated with beta updates enabled. This didn't work.

I made again a new installation and, this time, I was able to update to CU version 1.0.853 with beta updates disabled. This time it worked but I see that the new display option has now been removed

- Win10 1909 - Build 18363.720 -

 

Edited by throkr
added OS details
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tetonbob said:

Hello, @throkr - you should not be able to receive the Beta CU version 1.0.853 unless Beta updates is enabled. Please confirm the 'Component package version' you're on.

I see the same as you do, with 1.0.853. The banner wording 'Awesome! Your computer is protected.' is not translated.

Hi @tetonbob,

I'm now on CU version 1.0.853, the banner is translated in French but the new display option is not present anymore  (seen screenshots).

- Win10 1909 - Build 18363.720 -

 

1869773819_CUversion.jpg.3a7d2f7ccc986f134af4bb2ce31c5822.jpg

 

1009795670_MBUIBanner.jpg.ef065ba6f5e09254d035680bece4f26a.jpg

 

1057366742_OptionsAffichage.jpg.da8fdfbdafecdbb5256ac9341017d5cd.jpg

 

Edited by throkr
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Hi @throkr - I see the reason for what you are now seeing but not the cause. While your Component package version does indicate the Beta version, the file versions are not.

mbam.exe for example should be 4.0.0.594 but mb-check-results.txt shows 4.0.0.591 (version from our current release build), which would explain why the Dashboard text is showing as expected again.

arwlib.dll should be 3.1.0.817 but mb-check-results.txt shows 3.1.0.803

I need to be away from the PC for some hours. We'll investigate.

Edited by tetonbob
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, exile360 said:

I also verified that the Spanish language translation is working correctly as well:

Who translated it to Spanish? Awesome! Your computer is protected in Spanish translates to the following:

¡Increíble! Su computadora está protegida. (I can also use Fantastico!)  Not saying its wrong, as using the translation you have set for spanish does translate to english properly... its looks weird.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tetonbob said:

Hi @throkr - I see the reason for what you are now seeing but not the cause. While your Component package version does indicate the Beta version, the file versions are not.

mbam.exe for example should be 4.0.0.594 but mb-check-results.txt shows 4.0.0.591 (version from our current release build), which would explain why the Dashboard text is showing as expected again.

arwlib.dll should be 3.1.0.817 but mb-check-results.txt shows 3.1.0.803

I need to be away from the PC for some hours. We'll investigate.

Hi @tetonbob,

Well, I think this is my mistake :blush:.

After the new installation, I injected (copy/paste) the content of the "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\config" folder (which I saved previously) in order to have my settings again.

For the time being, I reverted to an earlier disc image and have now MB as it was when starting this topic:

  • CU version 1.0853 (updated with beta updates enabled)
  • the banner is not translated
  • the new display option "Select Background" is present

- Win10 1909 - Build 18363.720 -

 

Thanks for your time ! 

Edited by throkr
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Staff
3 hours ago, throkr said:

Hi @tetonbob,

Well, I think this is my mistake :blush:.

After the new installation, I injected (copy/paste) the content of the "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\config" folder (which I saved previously) in order to have my settings again.

For the time being, I reverted to an earlier disc image and have now MB as it was when starting this topic:

  • CU version 1.0853 (updated with beta updates enabled)
  • the banner is not translated
  • the new display option "Select Background" is present

- Win10 1909 - Build 18363.720 -

 

Thanks for your time ! 

Hi @throkr - thanks for letting us know. That would certainly explain it. 🙂  We've filed a defect for the original issue you've reported in this topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.