Findindino

High CPU usage until task manger is opened

Posted (edited)

Hi there. I'll try my best to explain my issue, so please bear with me!

I've had my laptop for a good few years now, since about 2015, with almost no major issues. Recently, though, when I start up my computer, I've noticed heavy lag and stuttering in my audio and video freezing up when watching videos. When I open Task Manager, the CPU shows itself to be at 100% usage for a split second before shooting down to 10%. Close Task Manager, problems start back up, rinse and repeat. Occasionally, my laptop freezes completely and become non responsive as well. I've been unable to locate any viruses manually, and a Malwarebytes scan pulled up nothing an I can't seem to find the root of it on my own. 

I have done a scan with FRST and have attached the logs below. Would appreciate any help given! Thanks

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue

Hello @Findindino

Please see the following topic. This issue is well known and very common.

I will go ahead though and review your logs for anything out of the ordinary or a possible issue and get back to you

Also, please note the following regarding Kaspersky and Malwarebytes

We'd like to let you know we've released a new Beta version 4.1.0.56-1.0.853 which addresses this issue. More information here:

You have old compromised versions of Java on your system. I would recommend you uninstall them. If you need Java make sure it's up to date at all times. https://java.com

Java 8 Update 131
Java 8 Update 181

Driver Booster - most computer experts consider this Snake Oil but up to you

Your system has some policies set on it. If you've not set them you might want to remove them.
GroupPolicyScripts: Restriction <==== ATTENTION
FF HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox: Restriction <==== ATTENTION

You have a couple of blank, bad, or broken scheduled tasks. I'd recommend you fix or delete

Task: {B18BB324-1E62-446D-ABAC-CEBCE4169004} - \Microsoft\Windows\UNP\RunCampaignManager -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {B7566E7B-0726-47A9-A8D0-DFCB6F3E2F2E} - no filepath
Task: {CD136CB4-9F61-46D6-884A-5E5FD55609F9} - no filepath

Would recommend you follow the directions here and clean up your Google Chrome

Once you've taken care of the above please let me know how things are and if you need any further assistance.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks