I've been having issues with Malwarebytes being installed...in the event logs...has numerous application appcrash. When I uninstall malwarebytes and use the computer for hours, I get nothing.. But I have installed 3.83 and 4.04 and 4.1. Rebooted and continue each time to use as normal. Then get a freeze with no user input or watching video or music it resets the network adapter and sound device...Doesn't matter if it's HDMI or external speakers (using desktop).

I've updated the firmware of the computer (computer is brand new). i9-9900k. I do have a EVO 970. I do a onboard diagnostics in the BIOS, but doesn't detect any hardware fault. I have deleted the left-over files of malwarebytes. So i can re-install the program and run the support tool to garther any information.

Not robust on trying to diagonose these kinda problems. Any input is apreciated.

Have Windows 10 x64

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 minute ago, jj_020002 said:

Any input is apreciated.

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system and is only available to authorized members and the original poster. 

Can you please follow the directions from the following KB article and post back your logs so that we can review

Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs manually

Thank you

It just happend again. I've included snips from the event log.. Strange thing is, that I un-installed malwarebytes over an hour ago....how can it keep crashing with it not being installed?

Thanks..

mbst-grab-results.zip

35 minutes ago, jj_020002 said:

I've included snips from the event log

The logs did not complete correctly.

Please try running it in Safe Mode with Networking.  Instructions on booting into Safe Mode can be found here as well as here.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The logs did not complete correctly.

Please try running it in Safe Mode with Networking.  Instructions on booting into Safe Mode can be found here as well as here.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

I did what you asked..Booted into safemode and ran program again..

mbst-grab-results.zip

13 minutes ago, jj_020002 said:

.Booted into safemode and ran program again..

You needed safe mode with NETWORKING. Logs still not complete.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, jj_020002 said:

That is better and thanks. I see you have ESET. Are you trying to use the paid version of Malwarebytes alongside it? If so,

I would  recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

Edited by Porthos

30 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That is better and thanks. I see you have ESET. Are you trying to use the paid version of Malwarebytes alongside it? If so,

I would  recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

It happend again just a few minutes ago. I have screenshot pictures of the event log... it states malwarebytes .exe programs but I also screenshot programs installed, and malwarebytes was un-installed over an hour ago..

How can this be?

2020-03.zip

I think what I'll have to do is:

1) wipe out windows

2)re-install windows

3)image windows

4)install av and malwarebytes

See if it repeats the problems....if so:

5)do logs

6)upload logs

7) re-install new image

8)just install malwarebytes (no other installed programs)

see if any problems persist....if continue to happen, then

9)re-install image install av without malwarebytes

see if any problems persist...if continue to happen, then

windows software issue or hardware problem...

Only things I can think to narrow down the issues.

30 minutes ago, jj_020002 said:

Only things I can think to narrow down the issues.

That is a little excessive at this point.

Lets have @LiquidTension or @AdvancedSetup look over your logs.

Do you own an NVIDIA graphics card?  If so, then one of its drivers may be the cause of this issue.  If you open Device Manager and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section you should see an entry called High Definition Audio Device and likely a second sound controller called something like Realtek High Definition Audio.  The NVIDIA HD Audio device should be disabled then you should restart your computer and test to see if Malwarebytes now works properly and the system is stable.  Keep in mind that disabling the NVIDIA audio interface will disable any audio being transmitted through any HDMI connections, be they analog or digital and that you will only be able to use the built in onboard HD Audio controller, likely from Intel (Azalia HD Audio) or Realtek however that should resolve the issues you've been experiencing if I am correct about the cause.

Please let us know if this helps or not.

Thanks

I have re-installed the OS. Then I did not install malwarebytes. It still crashed... from the event viewer, it states:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Update;

---

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: ScriptedDiagFailure

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft Windows.NetworkDiagnostics.4.0

------

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: MoAppCrash

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
P2: praid:runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1

--------

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:

----

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: MoOsMitigation

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Win32WebViewHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
P2: praid:DPI.Unaware

-------

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:

-----

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P2: praid:CortanaUI

----

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P2: praid:CortanaUI

------

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft Corporation.AppsDiagnostic.4.0
P2: 222948551

----

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P2: RC_ConnectedAccount/DefaultInstanceId

----

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P2: RC_ConnectedAccount/DefaultInstanceId

-----

Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Messaging_4.1901.10241.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:x27e26f40ye031y48a6yb130yd1f20388991ax

--

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
P1: svchost.exe_TokenBroker
P2: 10.0.18362.1

---

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: WindowsInstallerCustomActions

Problem signature:
P1: Windows Installer Custom Action
P2: {1e370934-33b4-11ea-be27-54bf64a63c26}

-----

Thats the events for the computer freezing and then screen goes blank and sound card resets.... this is with all windows updates and NVIDIA graphics drivers installed from MS by default with NVaudio and NVusb. I did not update the graphics manually.

I have installed mb3-setup-consumer-3.8.3.2965-1.0.629-1.0.13137 (SHA256: 5782EECC7FFD7B9320E33013C883B6C67CA42F7B05B7EFA4CB99CF493FC9C807 )

I have to install this version and use my lifetime key and then upgrade to 4.1, otherwise 4.1 or 4.0.4 won't accept my lifetime key???

That a bug or purpose..

Also notice that the lifetime key in MB expires 2025.... All lifetime keys expire 2025??? Then have to pay yearly after that?

Sorry for many questions.

I belive the freezing is from Windows itself, based on the software events... I see no hardware faults or malwarebytes.

I re-installed Windows 10 v1909 from scratch and continue to get get crashing from mbam. I've redownloaded the support tool and will reboot and gather logs.

Here are some of the errors:

explorer_PdTsor4lMj.png

explorer_PSBx19EoMZ.png

explorer_So9d87EecS.png

explorer_tXiW2AlY60.png

explorer_YUbkVenZ9U.png

explorer_40olTBkE93.png

explorer_hIaLN9ml6J.png

The logs you posted show Sandboxie crashing as well.  Does disabling or removing Sandboxie make any difference for this issue?

Hello @jj_020002

If you were already having system instability and / or crashing on a new installation why would you install more software before tracking down and fixing the original issue?

Not that it's fun to do but at this point I'd suggest wiping the drive again. Then reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and installing the supported drivers from the manufacturer website only.

Please provide the specific exact details of the computer

Manufacturer Name:
Model Number:
Desktop or Laptop:
Hard disk type:
CPU:
RAM:

Then we can help provide better advice instead of working in the dark

Thank you