Pete_CAS

Updating Endpoints virus definition manually?

Good morning.

We have a situation where we have a few PCs that are on their own isolated network, no network access to corporate or internet.

These PC will sometimes have USB keys from the outside plugged in to grab some files.

I've been reading all over the place and it seems there is no way to manually update the definitions on the endpoints? Needs a full reinstall every time to have the latest update installed at the same time?

Or there is a workaround for this?

Thank you.

Take a look at the very last part of this guide.  It was written for large networks (which you may or may not have), but the issue is more common in larger environments.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/guides/MMLNBPGuide.pdf

Thanks for the reply but in case I was not clear.

These machines are completely separate from the corporate network, in their own bubble with no internet access.

Hello @Pete_CAS,

This tool might serve you well. You would run it on a machine that does have internet access, bring the updated definitions to the offline machines via a USB Drive, and execute the file there to update the definitions - https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038524214-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-for-Business-Standalone-Offline-Updater

Thank you, 

That seems to be what I was looking for!!!

Thank you, will give that a try.