kexas

Files are automatically restored after attempting to delete them

After uninstalling a game I attempted to manually delete the leftover files.
Deleting the main folder deleted some files & folders inside, but the main folder stayed, as well as some sub-folders & files.
And something bizarre happened (or is this normal?) - after attempting to manually delete some of the files (perma [shift+del]) they seemed to be deleted, but after going a directory up and then returning to the one were the file was [attempted] deleted it somehow reappeared. I know that files can refuse to be deleted because they are "in use", but this I'm seeing for the first time.

If it matters, the game is Black Desert Online (it was free for a limited time, so I decided to try it). After installing it for the first time, it launched fine and I looked around for a bit. Then, a few hours later, after attempting to launch the game, I would get an error message, stating that "suspicious program [was] detected". After searching online for what might be causing this error, most common answer I found was that it was caused by anti-virus, anti-malware or similar software. The solution was disabling it. Obviously I'm not disabling anything. So I tried verifying game files. Got a prompt that 3 files have to be reacquired. But the process seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop. Then I tried uninstalling and installing again. However, after download reached 100% of the download amount it paused itself and clicking "resume" wouldn't do anything - it would just pause again. After that I attempted manually deleting the game folder and files (uninstalled before that and close Steam client).

Hello @kexas

We'd need to get some logs first to see what might be going on.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you