Cant open MBAM, reinstalled, now cant connect server and token error

-sorry for the bad english-

About 1 week ago i noticed my malwarebytes was running but i was not able to open it, even closing with task manager was not allowed if i remember correctly (meanwhile i almost tried everything, also noticed the 0kb file mbam.exe... not sure again sorry);

so i moved to the unistall way (painfull decision already); even there i got trouble, like the "runtime error at 427:134" and the fact MBAM was not moving away;

i tried to delete the malwarebytes folder, again impossible idk why;

reboot pc and immediatly uninstalled MBAM with success;

downloaded again but now during the "activate license" (atm going for the 2months trial) i got stucked in the "unable to contact license server" and "installation token not found" so im using the free one right now...

also scanning with MBAM and then ESET NOD32, after that all became even more weird: happened two times already to got the pc super-slow without any trouble in the task manager and reboot/restart cause the pc looks like he cant run something properly in the black screen during the start,mbst-grab-results.zip forcing the 4sec of the power down; after that pc start normal but malwarebytes is now gone from pc... just what is going on?

I installed both MWFC and MBsupport, im also looking on the forum but i cant figure out, everything looks fine to me: no virus, no malware, HOSTS, check result ...

Please tell me what should i do from 0 now, for real im getting headache.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab on the left column

mbst_get_started.jpg

7. Click the Gather Logs button

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

9. Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be found on your Desktop. Click OK

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

22 minutes ago, Tguy27 said:

Please tell me what should i do from 0 now, for real im getting headache.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

See if that corrects the issue.

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

Edited by Porthos

24 minutes ago, Tguy27 said:

Nothing, again unable to contact license server and installation token not found.

I suggest turning off fast startup in Windows. Then restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

ESET could be the issue.

I would  also recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

Edited by Porthos

5 hours ago, Tguy27 said:

turned off fast startup and added ESET and MBAM exclusion list eachother, restarted and now scanning with both (before MBAM then ESET).

unable to contact license server and installation token not found are still there

Any VPN's?

I will have @LiquidTension take a look. Please get a new set of support logs please.

2 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi @Tguy27,

You have a Windows Firewall rule to block C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe, which is likely what's causing your issue with activating. You'll need to remove this rule from Windows Firewall.

Thats why i should know how to put hands on windows firewall rules... surprising, I owe you all a favor. cheer :D

I thought it worked, and it has been that way since I tried to insert another key while the 90 day trial version was active; it gave the trill of error and i was not able to do anything, i closed MBAM with task manager. now i have the free one again but atleast now i have only the token error. I need your help... again... sorry T_T

6 minutes ago, Tguy27 said:

I thought it worked, and it has been that way since I tried to insert another key while the 90 day trial version was active; it gave the trill of error and i was not able to do anything, i closed MBAM with task manager. now i have the free one again but atleast now i have only the token error. I need your help... again... sorry T_T

until*

my english is bad af

Hello Tguy27.

The report tool FRSTENGLISH is on the Downloads folder.   I would like you to run a report with it for my review.

Close any other opened windows.

Go to the Downloads folder.

Run report with FRSTENGLISH

Right-click on FRSTENGLISH   and select Run as Administrator to start the tool , and reply YES to allow it to proceed and run.

_Windows 8 or 10 users will be prompted about Windows *SmartScreen protection* - click line More info information on that screen and click button Run anyway on next screen._

Click YES when prompted by Windows U A C prompt to allow it to run.
Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info & followup & choose Run anyway.

Approve the Windows UAC prompt on Windows Vista and newer operating systems by clicking on Continue or Yes. 

Click Yes when the* disclaimer* appears in FRST.
The tool may want to update itself - in that case you'll be prompted when the update is completed and ready to use.

Make sure that Addition options is *checked* - the configuration should look exactly like on the screen below (do not mark additional things unless asked).
Press Scan button and wait.

image.png.4a4b97ffff2d31163c3c9ca19d2efcef.png

The tool will produce 2  logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt , Addition.txt 
Click OK button when it shows up. Close the Notepad windows when they show on screen. The tool saves the files.

Please attach these 2 files to your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello  Tguy27.

With Malwarebytes program started, click the Settings icon and then click the Security tab.

Scroll down to Windows Startup section  & click on the Advanced line.

Then look for "Enable self-protection module".  Be sure it is clicked to the left side.   it needs to be OFF   ( set to the left).

Then close the Malwarebytes.

• Open your Downloads folder.
  •   image.png.b27c49fc2bb13792b3d045172228af50.png   Right-click   mb-support-1.5.4.760  & select Run as administrator    to start the tool   & reply YES to allow to go forward.
  • When prompted by Windows, reply YES to allow the tool to go forward.
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!".
  • Click the Advanced Options link. This is important. Please ensure Advanced Options is clicked.
  • Click the Clean button followed by Yes to proceed.
  • Upon completion, click OK to reboot your computer.
  • After the reboot, please wait for the program to reopen.
  • You will be presented with the option to install Malwarebytes for Windows. Click NO

That step should insure all Malwarebytes is un-uninstalled.

NEXT

The above was intended to remove any installation token issue.

the Malwarebytes installer is at this link

Please use this link

download and save the setup file . It will automatically download. Just SAVE first.

1.    RIGHT-click mb4-setup-consumer-4.1.0.119-1.0.835-1.0.20110.exe & select “Run as Administrator”   to start the Malwarebytes for Windows setup.
2.    Follow the installation instructions to complete setup.

Watch all of the process. Have lots of patience.

Once the new setup is done, now do the License Activation.

Let me know how it goes.

19 hours ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Hello  Tguy27.

With Malwarebytes program started, click the Settings icon and then click the Security tab.

Scroll down to Windows Startup section  & click on the Advanced line.

Then look for "Enable self-protection module".  Be sure it is clicked to the left side.   it needs to be OFF   ( set to the left).

Then close the Malwarebytes.

• Open your Downloads folder.
  •   image.png.b27c49fc2bb13792b3d045172228af50.png   Right-click   mb-support-1.5.4.760  & select Run as administrator    to start the tool   & reply YES to allow to go forward.
  • When prompted by Windows, reply YES to allow the tool to go forward.
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!".
  • Click the Advanced Options link. This is important. Please ensure Advanced Options is clicked.
  • Click the Clean button followed by Yes to proceed.
  • Upon completion, click OK to reboot your computer.
  • After the reboot, please wait for the program to reopen.
  • You will be presented with the option to install Malwarebytes for Windows. Click NO

That step should insure all Malwarebytes is un-uninstalled.

NEXT

The above was intended to remove any installation token issue.

the Malwarebytes installer is at this link

Please use this link

download and save the setup file . It will automatically download. Just SAVE first.

1.    RIGHT-click mb4-setup-consumer-4.1.0.119-1.0.835-1.0.20110.exe & select “Run as Administrator”   to start the Malwarebytes for Windows setup.
2.    Follow the installation instructions to complete setup.

Watch all of the process. Have lots of patience.

Once the new setup is done, now do the License Activation.

Let me know how it goes.

It worked... thanks for the patience too ^^'

1 hour ago, LiquidTension said:

@Tguy27 If you still encounter an issue with activating, can you try temporarily disabling Windows Firewall or booting into Safe Mode with Networking and then attempting to activate?

Actually it should works fine, anyway i will consider this option in case something similar occurs again, thank you ^^

Hello Tguy27.

I am glad to read that you succeeded with the license activation.   If you need anything else at this time, let us know.

There is a guide to Malwarebytes 4 at this link

To remove the FRST tool & its work files, do this.  Go to the Downloads folder  Do a RIGHT-click on FRSTENGLISH.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL.

Then run that ( double click on it)  to begin the cleanup process.

On your Desktop, delete the file mb4-setup-consumer-4.0.4.117-1.0.810-1.0.18432.exe

Cheers.

Edited by Maurice Naggar